Google Assistant turns on very frequently to wrong keywords

• 6 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I have two Sonos Ones and set up Google Assistant through both.

Google Assistant CONSTANTLY activates when we are having conversations that do not even use the word Google, when the TV is on and a character says anything vaguely resembling those words, and sometimes just randomly when there is no noise happening at all. Super over it and ready to turn it off. Anyone have this issue or any idea how to fix it?

I do not have an option in my Google Home app on my phone (Pixel) to turn down the sensitivity of response and don’t know else to do.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @matsuyar 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust the sensitivity. The assistants do tend to err on the side of caution - I guess they’d rather be activated by accident occasionally than have you shouting at them repeatedly and them ignoring you.

You might be able to get a change in behaviour by moving the speaker slightly - perhaps background noise is making it particularly easy to trigger?

Although it’s a bit of a long-shot, it might be worth removing Google from the speaker and adding it back on again - Settings » Services & Voice » Google Assistant » [room name] » Remove Google Assistant.

Have you tried Alexa instead? Personally, I had trouble with Google Assistant and when I switched to Alexa I found it much more usable.