Answered

Google Assistant support in Malaysia II

• 23 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Figured this topic could use a boost. After reading Lazada reviews and the hapless salesperson confirming that yes, this works with Google Assistant lo and behold i’m facing the same problem.

Changing the country profile doesn’t work either, and i’m not going to change my Apple store country and muck up everything else.

I’m sure most of us here paid the premium expecting a Google-enabled smart speaker, only to find out the country doesn’t support it. What gives? I have a Google mini and all the Google functionality works, from my google home devices to spotify. Why not Sonos?

icon

Best answer by James L. 23 April 2021, 16:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This is just too bad. I already owned a Beam and 2 One SL. I was planning to add a Sub to my system. Considering its premium price and lacking full functions, I will stop here and invested in a Yamaha YSP 2700 system instead, well worth the price, Sonos is being moved from living room to study room. 

Badge +17

Hi @Zamar84,

Unfortunately, Google Assistant isn’t available on Sonos in Malaysia. Google is the deciding party as to which regions are available for their integration on Sonos. We’re working hard with the team at Google to bring support to additional regions. While we don’t have any news to share about support for Malaysia at this time, we can pass along your interest to the team.