Answered

Google Assistant Support

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

225 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I'm ordering a pare of sonos ones because of this feature.
One thing i know is that I rather have a fully working free of bugs google assistant in my sonos speaker compared to a buggy half-implemented integration.
So if it's taking them long, It's fine with me but once its launches I'm expecting full integration without limited functionality and frustrating experience.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would not expect prior to July timeframe.
Userlevel 1
I have posted my desire for GA in other forums. But like others would be really keen for it to appear as soon as possible. Getting fed up with Alexa not understanding what I want!
I returned a Sony LF-S50G back in December 2017 and purchased a Sonos One due to the promise of Google Assistant coming to the Sonos. Quite disappointed that its still not available. The Google Assistant on the Sony speaker was fantastic in comparison to Alexa on the Sonos. Its just a shame the sound on the Sony was so lacking in comparison to the Sonos.

Come on Sonos, it cant be that difficult. Give us Google Assistant for our One's.
I own a play 3, play 5, play 1, playbar, base...
I will not be buying any more Sonos products until they come out with Google assist support. Honestly at this point if it's not in the next month I may sell mine and get a couple nice speakers with Chromecast-audios....

Better sell it than, because it's not coming in the next month. Besides, Sonos likes used sales. The people who buy them seem to really want them, and after that they tend to multiply like rabbits. So sell your Sonos to somebody who wants them, nobody should hold onto electronics that don't do what they want.

Of course in a few months when Google support comes out, you will rebuy Sonos, and Sonos likes that too. 😉
I own a play 3, play 5, play 1, playbar, base...
I will not be buying any more Sonos products until they come out with Google assist support. Honestly at this point if it's not in the next month I may sell mine and get a couple nice speakers with Chromecast-audios....
This has been frustrating me also,

However, I heard a demo of the Panasonic GA10 today and I have to say, it was excellent..
I realise Panasonic make Technics and that this isn’t a Technics branded product but it was very impressive.
Pls hurry up Sonos,.!
Just adding my own wish for Google Assistant - I have a Google Mini, and would like to link it with my extensive Sonos collection. Hopefully soon...
For those with an existing Sonos setup, Google home and a waning patience (like me), look up an app called Yonomi. ...

This is just another workaround. Sonos promised the Google assistant native support and people bought it having trust in the company. GA is not only 'play music' but much more things. Personally I use the functions: Goodmorning, how to get to.., music, timers, calendar.
For those with an existing Sonos setup, Google home and a waning patience (like me), look up an app called Yonomi. It can link to your Sonos devices and already has voice controls built in natively. You can also create your own custom commands (such as "play my workout playlist").

Yonomi can then be linked to your Google home and voila, voice control of Sonos through Google home. I've been using it for a couple of months now. Works fantastic! You don't even need to say Yonomi in your commands as it natively connects to Google home. I.e. I can say "hey Google, play my workout playlist" instead of "hey Google, play my workout playlist with Yonomi".

https://www.yonomi.co/blog/2018/1/12/hey-google-talk-to-yonomi
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I wouldn’t be sure of that since Apple can’t wven figure out ho to implement. At least google exists.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'd say there's more chance of airplay 2 support coming before google assistant. Airplay 2 should be relatively easy to implement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm willing to bet money it wasn't someone from Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I was originally told that Sonos one would have google assistant early 2018 before Q2.
Who told you that?
I was originally told that Sonos one would have google assistant early 2018 before Q2. If that is true than it will come before April in this month. I get they don't want to speak out of term and drop a specific date, but some people (including me) bought the sonos one in-part BECAUSE of its advertised future compatibility with google assistant. I thought I could do with alexa until then but i'm hating it and keep just using my google home instead. I know it's a great sounding speaker, but if there's no real indication that the addition will come soon than id rather just return it and get a sony or chromecast audio with another nice speaker as google home defaulting audio to it.
I just got an update for my Sonos one but to my dismay there was no google assistant in it :?:@:(

What’s going on sonos ?

Thanks for your post, ernestotle. We haven't yet announced a release date for this functionality, hence its exclusion from the update. We will be sure to forward your desire for it, the more the better. Let us know if you need anything else.

Can’t wait for the Google Assistant on my Sonos One.
It's coming, guys. We just don't have a date to share. We will update you when there is. Many thanks for your patience.. Phew! Thanks Edward. Good to hear because GA is really better. I'm using both right now and it gets songs right way more often. Problem is, Sonos Ones sounds so much better!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's coming, guys. We just don't have a date to share. We will update you when there is. Many thanks for your patience.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Have Sonos given up on Google Assistant? Really weird they're so silent about this because people would stop buying because lack of GA support. Buying a Google Home instead... Silence is stupid Sonos.
I'm hoping for this feature too as Google Assistant is definitely better than Alexa - I'm using both now. The only concern I have about the release is that Sonos has removed any mention of Google Assistant on the Sonos One webpage when you shop for it. I seem to remember the page mentioning Google Assistant or at least "other voice services" when I ordered Sonos One before Christmas.
Userlevel 2
@simple man I also have a Sonos one and am awaiting Assistant integration but why would you not use the speaker until the integration of assistant? That makes absolutely no sense.
I’m also looking forward to Google Assistant support for Sonos One, and in Canada
Any word (or educated guesses) on whether the confirmed Google Assistant integration will also include Google Cast support? And would a GA-enabled Sonos One behave identically to, say, a Google Home and integrate into your Google Home environment (synced groups and stuff) or does it only mean it will be able to answer your "Okay Google" commands?
I long for a Google Assistant integration! Google works so much better than other voice assistants, it controls my calendar better, and it doesn't restrict its functionality to third-party devices. Please complete this feature soon!
I have a nice Sonus One plugged in for the past month and waiting for Google Assistant support. Haven't even listened to it because of the lack of feature. I am not willing to use Amazon Alexa since we use Google services for everything. I have superior speakers for other rooms but was hoping this might be a decent kitchen solution. Hopefully you add in Google Assistant before I get tired of staring at a black speaker with an LED light and sell it off for an alternative. I guess this can be considered as my vote casted for Google Assistant/Home and the sooner the better. This was a gift or I'd have returned it straight off the bat and bought a product that supported Google services. Come on Sonos. Don't drop the ball here. I've been in the audio industry for years and avoided Sonos because of the proprietary type operation of the units. I have a couple hundred dollar Sony wireless blue tooth speaker that does the job quite well. I expect more from Sonos.