Google Assistant Spotify Multiple Users

• 16 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Anyone else having an issue with Google Assistant and Spotify? Google assistant works fine when I use it but, no one else in my house can get it functioning. The error they receive is that the Spotify account must match on both Sonos and Google assistant. I have Spotify Family so everyone can manage their own playlists. Sonos does not seem to recognize multiple Spotify accounts, therefore only my account is logged on the Sonos.

Anyone figured out a work around?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Same issue here. Have to unink all other spotify accounts for family members and only then does it work. It appears the Google Assistant integration only accepts one account. It has to be the account linked in the Sonos app. Hope the Sonos team fixes this issue.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Same issue here. Have to unink all other spotify accounts for family members and only then does it work. It appears the Google Assistant integration only accepts one account. It has to be the account linked in the Sonos app. Hope the Sonos team fixes this issue.

Its not a case of Sonos fixing this issue. It's just after 18 months this feature is not built into Google Assistant integration with Sonos. Strange how speakers from Sony, LG and others have this feature and many other that are not available with Sonos.

I have three Sonos speakers and have waited for this update, very disappointed. No casting to GA speaker's, Sonos devices not within Google Home app. Now selling my speakers and going to buy Google Home Max, now permanently reduced to £299. So much cheaper than Play 5.

Feel Sonos are going to struggle going forward.
Badge
What a bug! 🤦‍♂️

Now I have to tell everyone in the house that when they try to use "OK, Google" on the Sonos, there's a 3 in 4 chance it won't work and they'll have to use the app anyway to point Sonos at my Spotify account.

Talk about crippling the bloody functionality.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Well I have now sold all my Sonos speakers. So I'm a former user looking in on the development. Suppose I will get comments saying why post when I no longer own Sonos. However during my ownership I loved my Sonos speakers the build quality and the ability to link speakers on the fly.

With voice assistant I firmly believe Sonos were late, and when they did arrive the features underwhelmed, that stands for Alexa as well as GA.

Be interesting to see how their sales are going the the financials 8th August. In the last results Sonos admitted sales in Europe were poor due to smart speakers. Don't think this launch will have done them any good. If anything it's even more of a negative.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Well I have now sold all my Sonos speakers. So I'm a former user looking in on the development. Suppose I will get comments saying why post when I no longer own Sonos. However during my ownership I loved my Sonos speakers the build quality and the ability to link speakers on the fly.

With voice assistant I firmly believe Sonos were late, and when they did arrive the features underwhelmed, that stands for Alexa as well as GA.

Be interesting to see how their sales are going the the financials 8th August. In the last results Sonos admitted sales in Europe were poor due to smart speakers. Don't think this launch will have done them any good. If anything it's even more of a negative.

Looks like 2018 was okay for Sonos... :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Haven't got Spotify Family so can't test but have you added each Spotify account within the Sonos App? Please see 'Adding multiple accounts for a music service': https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US

Just reading some Google support pages, I believe that you then need to set-up a Google Account for each family member, linking their respective Spotify account, and then invite those family members to the Home Group in the Google Home App.