Answered

google assistant / spotify issue

• 17 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Recently got 2 x Sonos one. When I ask google assistant on the app on my iPhone to play Spotify it links to the web and brings up a page. When I ask google assistant to play Spotify on the Sonos one, it does nothing. Please advise! 

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 21 December 2019, 02:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Best thing to start with is to make sure your Sonos One is fully configured for Google Assistant and Spotify. So first off, do any other playback commands work from Google Assistant on Sonos? If you ask your Sonos One to play an internet radio station, does that play?

If you go into the Sonos app, are you able to play Spotify on Sonos (not using the Google Assistant)? On that note, if you open your Spotify app, are you able to play directly to your Sonos One?

Hi Ryan, 

thanks for your reply! I ditched google assistant and am using Alexa now which works ok. Not seemlessly but it manages to do most commands. Most importantly playing Spotify including songs & playlists. 

have a good xmas.