Google assistant setup sees TWO "systems" of sonos, each made up of a few rooms, not sure why

• 14 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Hello,

In trying to setup Google Assistant, I'm asked "which system" to connect, of TWO. One of them has three rooms/speakers, and the other one has 6 rooms/speakers. I'm not sure why there would be two different systems - all the speakers run on the same network and (mostly) work together just fine.

Any thoughts? I haven't been able to try it out yet, but I'm guessing there will be problems/limitations by being forced to select only a single "system" which doesn't include all of my speakers. Thank you! Tom

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Tom, in your Sonos app, do you have 9 rooms that show up?

A single Google Account can be associated with only one Sonos system, because the control isn't needed to be on your Wifi, it's server based. If you have multiple Sonos setups, one with 3, and one with 6, your best way to go is to merge them together into one, or to just select one of the two to work with your Google Assistant.