Answered

Google assistant self-activates with tv sound (Arc + surrounds)

• 5 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi folks,

when watching tv my Google assistant on Sonos Arc self activated randomly with tv audio. It happens basically every day. Never happened before when I was using a Beam.

My system is:

Arc connected to LG C9  via eARC (tv audio de-activated)

Gen 2 Sub

2x Ones as surrounds

any idea on how to solve this annoying issue?

cheers

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 September 2021, 02:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I used to have that with my Beam. It does seem to happen less than is used to a couple of months ago. Maybe there's a self learning process going on?

My thoughts were that if the TV was quite close in proximity to the Arc that something, like static  might be affecting the touch controls in someway, but your Arc looks a fair distance from the TV - I think the absolute minimum distance suggested is 4 inches, but 5+ inches are preferred..

The only other thoughts are to maybe power off the Arc for a minute, or two, and then power it on again and then see how that goes.

I tried to power it off, reset it etc… no luck.

it just happens with specific sounds from… itself! Someone on tv says something that reminds the Arc of Google and there it goes!

My thoughts were that if the TV was quite close in proximity to the Arc that something, like static  might be affecting the touch controls in someway, but your Arc looks a fair distance from the TV - I think the absolute minimum distance suggested is 4 inches, but 5+ inches are preferred..

The only other thoughts are to maybe power off the Arc for a minute, or two, and then power it on again and then see how that goes.

Perhaps try moving the Arc a little further away from the TV, either forward and/or lower and see if that solves the issue .

It’s all hanging on the wall…

Perhaps try moving the Arc a little further away from the TV, either forward and/or lower and see if that solves the issue .