Question

Google Assistant not always responding and timer not stopping

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
yeah tried that, still same, have put alexa back on my sonos one gen 2 and that is fine.

I dont get why GA works fine on my sonos one gen1 but not 2
Did you try removing the GA assistant from the speakers room settings in the Sonos App and then re-adding it?
Userlevel 1
Badge
They have diff names, have tried reinstalling to

they worked fine a week ago
I have the same issue on sonos one gen 2

gen 1 in same house is fine

It's unusual to work on one Sonos device and not the other.

Is the gen2 speaker name perhaps clashing with other smart home device names perhaps? Make sure you are using unique names for each of your devices.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the google voice assistant in the Sonos App room settings?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have the same issue on sonos one gen 2

gen 1 in same house is fine
Qassim,

A few things that perhaps need clarifying and checking ...
  • What is your default GA language setting? Ensure there is only one installed.
  • What is your premium music subscription service and have you set it as default?
  • Can you perhaps post a screenshot of your “Google Home” from the GH App... Ensure only one 'Home' is in use.
  • Have you ensured the same MSP Account/credentials are installed in the Sonos App.
  • Is the GA voice assistant showing in your Sonos One Room Settings?
I'm having a similar issue, it seemed to start happening for me 4-5 days ago and as you've said, slowly gotten worse. It's now at the point where it basically doesn't respond to anything.

It can hear me fine, 'Okay Google' trigger works perfectly across the room, whatever I say after the chime happens seems to just be discarded, I've switched back to Alexa and that works perfectly fine too.

I've done factory resets, unlinked my Sonos account from Google Assistant, swapped speakers in and around different rooms, reset the controller, several times - and nothing seems to work.

Basically, Google Assistant just doesn't work for me now. On the odd occasion I have been able to get it to work, e.g. when setting timers like your example - I haven't been able to get it to stop the timer either.

When Google Assistant first went live in the UK on Sonos (not so long ago), it worked pretty much perfectly for me.