Answered

Google Assistant no web search on Sonos Beam/One

• 17 May 2020
  • 4 replies

The google assistent makes no websearch on the Sonos Beam/One. If i ask the same thing on a google home mini, there is the correct result.

The screenshot from google activity.

How can i get this function to the Sonos Beam again? In the past this worked well

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 May 2020, 17:21

@InT-2k Thank you for the follow up information and diagnostic report number. I am assuming what you may get back on Sonos is something like, here is what I found for you. I am not aware of any Sonos voice feature that does what your Google Home does with announcing Google web search results. If it had worked before it may have been some unique glitch in how Google Home passed that information to Sonos for it to work. I can add this as a feature request to our Sonos engineers. You would also want to make this type of feature request to Google as well.

View original

4 replies

@InT-2k Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. Have you reach out to our German Forums for assistance? Have you setup the voice assistant in the room name(s) of your Sonos products with that feature? If yes, is the Sonos product(s) microphone muted? I would ask that you follow up here with an updated diagnostic report number if the issue is still happening and you show the voice service is setup in your Sonos product(s).

As a test, if you ask the Google Assistant for the weather, or a joke or the time do you get a response? Also, do these voice commands help with getting results?

@John G, thanks for your reply 

I did not create a german thread to this issue.

The voice assistent is working fine on other actions (weather, volume, activate lights and so on. Only when i ask a question, where the Assistent needs to search in the web wont work.

I submitted the diag Infos

Thanks

@InT-2k Thank you for the follow up information and diagnostic report number. I am assuming what you may get back on Sonos is something like, here is what I found for you. I am not aware of any Sonos voice feature that does what your Google Home does with announcing Google web search results. If it had worked before it may have been some unique glitch in how Google Home passed that information to Sonos for it to work. I can add this as a feature request to our Sonos engineers. You would also want to make this type of feature request to Google as well.

Ok, then we need this as new feature. Thanks for your informations :)