Question

Google assistant controlling TV in different Home

• 12 December 2019
  • 0 replies

Badge

I currently use Google Assistant in 2 different places, lets call them home1 and home2.

Both homes are set up under different locations in the google home app (home1 and home2) , and all cast devices are appropriately assigned.

In home1, I have a chromecast connected to a TV, and have been using Google assistant to turn off the TV ("turn off TV' usually works).

Recently, I have set up a sonos beam with google assistant in home2. 

Now, when I am in home1, and ask Google assistant to 'turn off TV', it says 'turning off Sonos TV control'. This is referring to a Sonos TV control device that has been assigned to home2 (I assume is a feature of the Sonos Beam). I have no sonos devices in home1. 

I have tried renaming my Home1 TV to something else (television for example), with no change - the command to turn it off keeps activating this Sonos TV control located in home2.

Anyone have any idea how to stop Google assistant from calling on a  device not located within my current location?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.