Answered

Google Assistant Commands/Problem w/ Spotify

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Hello.

I am experiencing the same issues at the OP. Please let me know if I should submit the diagnostic too.

Thanks 

D

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Patrikteodor, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the late response, I would like to take a look at your Sonos system.

Please take a diagnostic from the Sonos app. Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic and post the confirmation.

This to make sure the issue doesn’t involve something else and have it isolated to just Google Assistant and Sonos.

Also, try asking the command first before taking a diagnostic were Google Assistant doesn’t do the command.

Update us with your findings.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Not sure if it is the same issue but I think it is. Whenever asking Google to play music, Google will correctly state that it is starting the music I asked for but nothing will start playing. If I then say: “Hey Google, resume Spotify” the requested music will start playing. 

So it’s like it starts the music but also pauses it immediately. 

I have Alexa set up on another Sonos speaker in the same room and there is never any issue with her. 

Also, I actually prefer using Alexa as it is much faster and always gets the commands right. But Amazon is almost invisible here (in Denmark). For instance, a lot of other products only support Google Assistant, only Google speaks Danish and most of the Alexa products aren’t even officially supported in Denmark. So I am trying to force myself on Google despite not being too happpy about it.