Google assistant can't play music on Sonos Speakers

• 22 November 2021
  • 11 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hello, my Sonos system worked well with Google Assistant for years. I use roam and beam for voice control. All my Sonos products are shown in Google Home, while lately when I ask Google Assistant to play music on any named Sonos player, it just replies "the mode is not available". I have tried restart wifi router, reset Sonos system, re-connect Google assistant, nothing works.

Any help is very much welcomed. 

11 replies

I had this exact same issue. Solved by removing my Spotify-account from the Sonos S2-app and re-adding the service again. Re-authorizing didn’t work. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

So, I have fixed the issue. What I did was:

1. Log out from Spotify account in Sonos S2 app
  2. Unlink Sonos in Google Home app
  3. Remove Spotify service From Google Assistant
  4. Restart both apps on the iPhone
  5. Added Sonos devices THROUGH Google Home App. I think this is the way it should be done
  6. Added Spotify account to Google Home
  7. Added same Spotify account to Sonos S2

Works. So something helped.

I noticed that in Google Assistant, even Sonos devices are listed in Home, while in the Media/Music page, Sonos Speakers are not shown there. 

Hello,

I have the same issue with Deezer.

I did all the config again but still the same error, google didn’t play anything on Sonos when i ask for music (reply from google ‘sorry i didn’t understand).

Any idea?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I had this exact same issue. Solved by removing my Spotify-account from the Sonos S2-app and re-adding the service again. Re-authorizing didn’t work. 

I will try

Having same issue, "you didn't setup your account on the service provider"... Did you solve it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Question is, did you set up your account on the service provider? Did you link your Spotify account with your Google account?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Having same issue, "you didn't setup your account on the service provider"... Did you solve it?

Nope. Still doesn’t work

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, I have similar issue. I have been using Sonos with Amazon Alexa for years and could start Spotify songs without issues. 

But now I have purchased Google Nest Hub 2 and when I say 'Hey Google , play Christmas music on Cinema' it says

'playing Christmas music playlist from Spotify on Cinema' and then ' sorry it seems like you didn't set up your account on the service provider yet'

I have disconnected the Sonos from Google assistant, restarted the app and connected Assistant back to sonos - still with the same result.

Any tips?

Hello,

Still the same issue for me. I use a deezer prenium account adn when i say “hey google, play music on salon”, gogole say “sorry i don’t understand”. When i use deezer on sonos Ap (search and play music) it work fine. So the issue is with google. I already remove ans add and remove and and… the account on google home.

I did this and worked!