Answered

Google Assistant availability - Hong Kong

• 19 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 3 replies
Apologies if this isn't the correct method to make a request.

Would it be possible to request Hong Kong be added to the list of future places that support Google Assistant on Sonos products?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 19 September 2019, 22:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Ok, thanks:

Badge

Still not working in Hong Kong. Could someone tell me how to switch region or country so I can get it to work?

Change region here: https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/profile/

Still not working in Hong Kong. Could someone tell me how to switch region or country so I can get it to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That’s the usual work around: change your place of residence in your Sonos account to a country where Google Assistant is supported.

Badge

Just a follow-up on this. Can’t find anywhere that indicates that Sonos have officially added Google Assistant availability to Hong Kong yet.

I noticed in the Google Home app that my grouped Sonos speakers were detected over my network, so I added them to my Home setup. I don’t think it actually could no anything, but just being able to add them was something new. I then took a look at the Sonos app itself and saw that [ Services > Voice ] was no longer missing / no longer refusing to allow me to add Google Assistant.

Either I completely lucked out and found a workaround solution or you guys added availability to HK before officially announcing it. Either way, I’m happy to finally get this working and relieved to know that I’m getting full value out of these speakers!

*Slight caveat… I did change my region to UK. Maybe that was all it took, but I swear when I tried that the first time round, it had the issue of refusing to allow me to add a Voice service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Apologies if this isn't the correct method to make a request.

Would it be possible to request Hong Kong be added to the list of future places that support Google Assistant on Sonos products?

Thanks!

Hi Chui,

Thanks for reaching out. I'll send along a feature request to add Google Assistant support on Sonos systems in Hong Kong.