Question

Google Assistant/Alexa not an option in the Sonos App

• 6 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m very disappointed with my first experience with Sonos. I’m in Singapore so Google Assistant is available here but it’s now showing on my app as an option. I own a Sonos One with microphone so this thing is useless now.

I’m not sure if it’s relevant but my account on web says I’m registered in Russian Federation which isn’t accurate. I changed it to Singapore but the problem still persists.

How can I enable Google Assistant?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @hiltonlamf.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

I also check the Google Assistant availability on Sonos and it shows that Singapore is listed as one of the countries where Google Assistant is available.

First, please ensure that both the Sonos account and Google account are set in the same location.

Then, force close both the apps and re-open and try again.

If that doesn’t help,  please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

It can help identify what is causing your issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.