Google Assistant

Badge

Just ran into my 2nd disappointment with the implementation of google assistant on Sonos. The first was that the mic only works on one side of a stereo pair. But I needed to buy two Ones to make a pair as a new One will not pair with an existing Play1.

And now after trying to get google assistant set up on my 2nd Sonos system (I have already set it up on my 1st Sonos system) I learn that I can only implement google assistant on one system. Come on Sonos; I can’t be the only customer who has more than one system!

For what the systems cost, there should be seamless movement between systems when I change locations. Sadly, it doesn’t work that way.

My opinion of Sonos continues to slip. I used to see Sonos as a leader, but not now. Sonos, time to up your game.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Just ran into my 2nd disappointment with the implementation of google assistant on Sonos. The first was that the mic only works on one side of a stereo pair. But I needed to buy two Ones to make a pair as a new One will not pair with an existing Play1.

And now after trying to get google assistant set up on my 2nd Sonos system (I have already set it up on my 1st Sonos system) I learn that I can only implement google assistant on one system. Come on Sonos; I can’t be the only customer who has more than one system!

For what the systems cost, there should be seamless movement between systems when I change locations. Sadly, it doesn’t work that way.

My opinion of Sonos continues to slip. I used to see Sonos as a leader, but not now. Sonos, time to up your game.

I don’t think you can blame Sonos entirely for this, as Google doesn’t allow you to connect more than one Sonos account to Google.  That blame would need to be both ways.

However, you might be able to put all of your Sonos under a single count, even though it’s in two locations.  The other option would be creating a second Google account.  That wouldn’t be helpful if you’re using Google music, but would fine for other streaming service accounts I think.

Hello @George a long time Sonos owner. Thanks for reaching out. @melvimbe raised a fair point here. As of right now, there is no way for Google Assistant to know which system your are controlling when you give a voice command. As of result, you would need to add a second Google Account to one of your systems.I know how incredibly frustrating that can be for you. I would be more then happy to pass along your frustration to our development team to see if that can be changed in the future. 

Setting up Google Assistant on Sonos