Google assistant

Should I be able to set my Sonos speakers as default in Google Home? I recently set up Google assistantships on my One, and it works fine independently. In my living room I have a Play:5 with a google home mini on the shelf above it. I’d love to set the Play:5 as the default speaker for the google home mini but it doesn’t come up as an option. Both of my Sonos speakers display in the Google Home app. Am I missing something or is it not possible? Is it possible on Alexa? That may be enough to switch. I held out to wait for Google Assistant to come to Sonos but Alexa seems to be a more compatible ecosystem, especially with Google forcing Works with Nest into Google Assistant...

Many thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

In the GA settings on my Pixel 2XL, the rooms that contain a voice-capable Sonos device already show up as "assistant devices". In the corresponding menu, the "default media output" selection is also available, with all Sonos devices showing up as audio targets. Selecting one does not actually do anything yet, but I'm optimistic this will be implemented at some point.
Yes, it's possible with Alexa, not (yet?) with GA, sadly. Hopefully that will eventually be added...