Question

Google Assist works perfect on Google Home min and not anymore on Sonos One

• 30 January 2020
  • 1 reply

At first my Sonos One worked good with Google assist, I got myself a small google home mini to be placed upstairs, while Sonos one stayed downstairs. It all did work ok, although the Google Home Mini always reacted correct when asked. 

The Sonos one it looked as if it was lost in translation, or simply didnt hear me anymore. My native languages is Dutch so I had it set in Dutch and also English as it looked as if Google Assist was better in English tehn Dutch. But these days the Sonos One does nothing, I can shout HEY GOOGLE or OK GOOGLE en sometime when lucky he replies back in English with: Sorry I did not understand the question, but most of the time, it doesnt do anything, so I am forced to play Spotify using an Ipad as Voice responce doesnt work at all on the Sonos One. Again, it works perfect on the Google Home Mini, but of course I want to have a Sonos One that works perfect.

Any advice would be helpfull Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hello @MarcoGreef, and welcome to the community. I understand that you are having some issues with Google Assistant on your Sonos One. That is very odd behavior. It sounds like the speaker is having a hard time reaching the internet.

Would you mind submitting a diagnostic, and reply back with the confirmation number so I can take a look at your system.