Question

Google assist hard of hearing

• 12 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 10 replies

Hi 

I have a sonos one and being an android guy I moved from Alexa to Google assistant. 

I have to say the experience so far has not been good, I found that Google assistant has difficulty hearing me and I have to repeat my question before the one will pick it up.

Do any others suffer from this issue?

Have to say the apps available on Alexa were far better and even some of the games you could play. Does anyone know if google has an app store that could compete with Alexa? I am assuming not but thought I would ask the question here. 

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @ranjb, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate you getting our attention to this.

For the Google Assistant sensitivity issue, you may want to try and look for any support pages Google has for Google Assistant sensitivity.

If you still have issues with Google Assistant sensitivity. Feel free to reach out, we’re here to help 

Badge +1

Hi @ranjb, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate you getting our attention to this.

For the Google Assistant sensitivity issue, you may want to try and look for any support pages Google has for Google Assistant sensitivity.

If you still have issues with Google Assistant sensitivity. Feel free to reach out, we’re here to help 

Hi Thanks for this message.

There was no link provided in your response but I think I found it, https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9712065?hl=en. As my Sonos One is the only device I use with Google assistant I dont know how this could be set, I followed the article and it mentions about adjusting sensitivity settings in Google Home so I installed this app on my phone but cannot find these settings. 

The settings you mention that need to be adjusted, can I confirm this is what is explained in the article I found or are there others? Do I need to do this from the Google App or can I make these adjustments through the Sonos App?

Many Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @ranjb, thank you for the update.

I apologize if I haven’t linked the article; yes that’s the article I was suggesting.

If you can’t find the settings, have logged in your google account in the Google Home app?

If not, press the circle with a human stick figure at the bottom right corner of the Google Home app.

If you’re logged in and you don’t see the settings, what brand of the phone are you using?

Update us with your findings.