Answered

GA Routines Triggered By Time Of Day

• 25 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a Sonos One in my bedroom and a Sonos Beam in my Living Room attached time my TV.  Both have Google Assistant added, which work quite well with voice initiated commands.

in my bedroom, I thought it would be nice to have 7 different routines on my Google Assistant that would play different playlists for each day of the week - you know, for a bit of variety!

The routines have been created correctly as far as I can tell to be initiated at 7pm each day, using playlists I know work with voice commands on my Spotify Premium account - but no joy…. ever.

Has anyone got such routines to work?  I’m at the point I’ll be thrilled knowing that someone out there is  enjoying some music by time of day.

If someone has any suggestions for me I would be very grateful.

Oh - one more thing.  If I turn the Sonos One into a dumb speaker and connect it to a Google Home Mini with its routines through Google Home app, everything works perfectly.  But that’s not the way I want to set things up.

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 5 June 2020, 00:39

Hello @Joffs123,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your feedback. 

While routines aren’t currently supported within Sonos, I agree that it would be a useful feature to have working in our voice service integration. 

I do know that you can set “Alarms” within the Sonos app which might be an option for you if all your looking for is a certain playlist at a particular time day to day. you can set up to 32 such alarms which would cover more than a few days of different content. 

It’s interesting that you have had such luck getting Sonos to work when you’ve disabled the voice service and associated it to a google Home, I have worked with folks who have had the opposite issue recently. 

Please let us know how you are faring with your Sonos system and if the alarm feature does what you need. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Joffs123,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your feedback. 

While routines aren’t currently supported within Sonos, I agree that it would be a useful feature to have working in our voice service integration. 

I do know that you can set “Alarms” within the Sonos app which might be an option for you if all your looking for is a certain playlist at a particular time day to day. you can set up to 32 such alarms which would cover more than a few days of different content. 

It’s interesting that you have had such luck getting Sonos to work when you’ve disabled the voice service and associated it to a google Home, I have worked with folks who have had the opposite issue recently. 

Please let us know how you are faring with your Sonos system and if the alarm feature does what you need. 

Badge

Many thanks - I really appreciate the response.  Do you happen to know if and when Sonos will support routines through GA?

Again, many thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Joffs123,

I wish I had more information for you there. I do not have a time-frame for our feature integration development available but you can certainly keep an eye on our “Announcements” forum for updates.

Badge

Thank you so much