[feature request] make it possible to have both Google Home and Alexa as voice services in one speaker

• 1 June 2019
  • 3 replies

This was the reason I spent quite some money on getting 5 Sonos One's and Sonos Connect. The whole idea here was to limit number of devices you need to have a) multi-room audio b) Google Home assistant and c) Alexa assistant throughout your home. This is critically important for me and new Google Home update doesn't give me any value if I have to turn off Alexa to use it. I badly need BOTH.

3 replies

A non starter. Not going to happen.

Just keep your Sonos speakers on one or the other, then use a Dot or Mini to control your Sonos with the other Assistant. Works very well, and the Dot/Mini are very small, easily hidden.

I keep mine on Alexa, then use the Home Hub as an informative adjunct and alternative controller.
A non starter. Not going to happen.

Just keep your Sonos speakers on one or the other, then use a Dot or Mini to control your Sonos with the other Assistant. Works very well, and the Dot/Mini are very small, easily hidden.

I keep mine on Alexa, then use the Home Hub as an informative adjunct and alternative controller.

Why do you think it's not going to happen? AFAIK there is nothing that technically prevents that.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I didn't and don't expect this to be allowed to happen, but it's something I'd like to see.