Answered

ETA Google assistant Denmark

• 11 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

As a NUB SONOS (SYMFONISK by IKEA) owner i was wondering why we don't have Google Assistant support in Denmark yet.
In the SONOS APP you advertise, how to setup Google Assistant and Alexa (Danish Language) but when I enter it says the Country is not yet supported. Stange to advertise in a local language for a service that is not supported.

Simple question what is ETA for Google Assistant in Denmark?

icon

Best answer by Semperarden 18 September 2019, 22:00

okay, finally i figured it out, i need to attach the speaker to my google home, then it works, thought i had to do it through the speaker itself 🙂
View original

3 replies

Hi Semperarden,

Sonos rarely announce their development roadmap, but the mere fact that the setup screens are already in your language is perhaps a good sign.

I think it’s 'perhaps' a case of Sonos testing things with Google before any launch announcement and it may depend on how those tests go, before you will get to hear anything for definite ... This LINK was the last announcement made by Sonos when they rolled it out to other Countries, so maybe bookmark and keep an eye on that thread.
Well Google assistant is finally available for Denmarkn😀
But i am still unable to activate it on Ikea Symfonisk. It still says not available in my country. 😞
okay, finally i figured it out, i need to attach the speaker to my google home, then it works, thought i had to do it through the speaker itself 🙂