Question

Different songs in different rooms with Google Assistant?

• 7 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello. I have multiple Sonos One and Beam devices in multiple rooms. Is possible to use Google Assistant voice commands to play simultaneously different songs in different rooms? For example at the same time playing one song in the living room and another song in the kitchen?

1 reply

@Bambula Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. The short answer to you question is yes, but there may be limitations to your music service(s) that allows that. What I mean is, think of your phone, your Sonos Beam or One as devices. Most music services only allow one stream per account per device. If you are streaming Pandora on your phone and then try to play that same Pandora account setup in your Sonos on the Beam or the One it will likely stop playing on your phone. The same would apply to your Sonos products, but if you use Sonos Radio, TuneIn, Pandora, Spotify, or I Heart Radio in your Sonos system you could use these voice commands to ask for specific music, song or artist in another room from another service.

If you group your rooms in the Sonos app then you will just voice command to the group controller with Sonos to play and the grouped rooms will play the same song at the same time. If your rooms are not grouped then you can command to Google Assistant with the “song name”, in the “Sonos room name”, and end it with from “Music Service Name” you will get different rooms playing different music from different music services if that artist or song is available on that service.