Answered

Default music speaker question

• 28 February 2020
  • 1 reply

When adding my Beam as the default music speaker on google assistant will music only be played on the beam when I use voice commands? Previously I had a JBL bluetooth speaker set as the default music speaker and I didnt need to issue voice commands to get music to play through it. I currently have the beam set as the default speaker but no music will come from it, it only comes from the google home mini.  I subscribe to Amazon music and much prefer not to use voice commands when selecting my music to play and would rather use the Amazon app than the Sonos app for selecting my music to stream. Just making sure I understand the capabilities of my system. 

icon

Best answer by paulrw 28 February 2020, 10:45

If in the mini settings, you have set default speaker to a sonos target then it should work.

Try a tunein radio station, “play kiss” or some other station should have music coming out beam i would have thought.

won’t work with amazon music, only spotify, tunein, google play music, deezer

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

If in the mini settings, you have set default speaker to a sonos target then it should work.

Try a tunein radio station, “play kiss” or some other station should have music coming out beam i would have thought.

won’t work with amazon music, only spotify, tunein, google play music, deezer