Correct Radio station not playing on Google speaker

• 13 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, when I ask Google to play a radio station it’s playing a different station from another country

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Etteloc,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please provide the following information so we can look into this further?

1. What are your exact words when asking Google Assistant to play the radio station? (i.e. “Hey Google, play BBC Radio 1”)
  2. What does Google reply before playing the radio station? (i.e. “Okay, playing BBC Radio 1, from TuneIn”)
  3. What station are you expecting?
  4. What station is being played instead?
  1. Hey Google play Ireland’s Classic Hits FM
  2. Got it, check out this Classic hits 4fm from YouTube music
  3. classic hits fm
  4. classic hits 105
Badge +17
  1. Hey Google play Ireland’s Classic Hits FM
  2. Got it, check out this Classic hits 4fm from YouTube music
  3. classic hits fm
  4. classic hits 105

Thanks for that. I got a slightly different reply when I tested that here: “I looked for Ireland’s Classic Hits FM, but it either isn’t available or can’t be played right now.”

Are you able to find and play this station in the Sonos app? If so, could you take a screenshot of it, so I know what to look for and narrow this down further?

Hi James, I’ll download the app and get back to you

Badge +17

Hi @Etteloc,

Just wanted to check in to see if you’ve managed to test through the Sonos app yet? Also, which Sonos speaker are you experiencing this on?