Controlling the volume for all the my Sono's speakers with Google

• 20 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi’ I seem to be having an issue to get my sono speakers back the way they where, I’m trying to control the volume with google home to have all the speaker turn the volume up all together and also down. for what ever reason it will only control one speaker at a time. Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. I did try different settings but seen to be at lose on how to set this. I can control the volume of all the speaker at one time with the app but not with Google it did work at one time but has stop.

Thanks in advance

lou

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi’ I seem to be having an issue to get my sono speakers back the way they where, I’m trying to control the volume with google home to have all the speaker turn the volume up all together and also down. for what ever reason it will only control one speaker at a time. Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. I did try different settings but seen to be at lose on how to set this. I can control the volume of all the speaker at one time with the app but not with Google it did work at one time but has stop.

Thanks in advance

lou

So maybe i didn’t explain myself right is there a way to sync all sono speaker so that they can be control for volume up and down with google at the same time instead of one speaker at a time? thanks

Lou

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lou54321

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Allow me to share some information about this.

​The Google Assistant allows you to control Sonos with your voice to play music, adjust volume, skip tracks, and even get the weather, all through your Sonos speakers. Grouping all your Sonos speakers in Google Home to control the volume is not possible (only work with google home speakers). You can group Sonos speakers using the Sonos app.

Sonos voice-enabled speakers will default playback and commend to itself first. If you are prompting playback in another room you will have to include the room name. Adjusting the volume on the Sonos speaker using Google Assistant, you also need to include the room name. Please check out this Control Sonos with the Google Assistant FAQ for your reference.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. 

Hi thank you for the reply, I did see this page but there was no real information on volume control for a group i have 4 Sonos grouped together lets say as Kitchen Sonos  but if I want to ask google to turn down the volume on Kitchen Sonos group it only turns down one speaker of the group. Do I have to specify each speaker every time I want to control the volume? or is there a way to control the volume for all speakers in the group at the same time? Or it just does not work this way no matter if I group it in the sonos app or google app.

Again thank you

louy

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lou54321, thanks for your response and for updating us. Adjusting the volume of your Sonos devices via the Google app is not possible. You can only give a command to adjust the volume when you specify the speaker's name. When you group your Sonos speakers, you can adjust the volume using the Sonos app. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thank you again for the reply. Wil this option be something added in the near future?

Louy

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lou54321, thanks for your response. We don’t have any information to share with you yet about this feature but we can certainly pass along your interest to the team. I would suggest subscribing to our announcement topic to be up-to-date when it comes to new feature releases and product updates. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions, additional feature requests, or concerns. We are always happy to help out.