Cant get Sonos One to play Spotify Using Google Assistant

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge
Adding my voice to the choir of users experiencing the exact same issue. Thought it might have been as we have multiple Spotify accounts registered on the system (all under the one family account, of which my wife's is the main one), and so tried a multitude of different combinations to get it to work as well as the reauthorisation, language settings, etc, discussed above. Even had the wife install Google Assistant on her iPhone (I'm Android) and completely re-set up the Sonos One to see if that would change anything. Would call Sonos but we're at work during their support hours. Keenly awaiting any solutions from Sonos or other users regarding this.
status.sonos.com is STILL showing degraded performance for Spotify via Google Assistant in Australia. I first noticed that was the case on Friday night when using GA to play my playlists on Sonos One wasn’t working any more. It’s now an hour away from Sunday night and there’s been no change to the status. No way to click through from that status to more information, such as, you know, an ETA for fixing the issue. It’s not a good start for the recent addition of GA to Sonos here. It’d be nice if someone from the company would actually provide more info - I imagine there are a lot of frustrated Australian users out there.
Status page still says problems but I just restarted my Sonos and Spotify seems to be taking google assistant commands again?
Same here, just rebooted it and seems to be working
Just bought a Sonos one. I have Spotify Premium as my Default Provider in Google Home, it works on the 3 other google minis I have. But Sonos one keeps saying I am sorry I cant help with that, or I dont know how to do that.

If I change my default music service to Google Play Music it works perfectly ( still got a couple of days remaining on current subscription).

I have unlinked and relinked spotify on google home and the sonos app but nothing seems to work, anyone had a similar issue?

i have the exact same problem. Funny enough when I first set up google assistant with my Sonos Ones & Playbar it worked perfectly. Now all of a sudden google assistant on my Sonos does not know what to do. I tried through Google Play and works.
So what is Sonos doing about it? Do they ever respond? Funny you go onto their website and they are still promoting how it works with spotify etc. A bit of ‘false advertising’ at present!
Got in touch with support and, over a few hours, went through a number of steps. No resolution.

Glad to know I'm not alone!
I’m experiencing this problem right now which I haven’t experienced in my months of owning my Sonos One speakers. Every time I ask google assistant (through Sonos) to “play music”, it says “I can’t do that here, but you can ask me to play music in one of your other devices”. But when I do the exact same thing through my google home speaker, it works. Is this a Sonos issue, or is this a google issue, or Spotify issue? Or all three?

I haven’t changed my Spotify account recently. I already unlinked and relinked my Spotify account to my Sonos and google home account. I’ve already unlinked and relinked my Sonos to my google home account.

If Spotify doesn’t work on my Sonos speakers through google assistant, I’m definitely losing a shit ton of functionality and would most likely sell my Sonos speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Posting for visibility:

We have confirmed that there is currently a partial outage with Google Assistant.

If you follow the announcement I just posted over here, I will write another response in there once we are all back up and running. Thanks for your patience.