Cant get Sonos One to play Spotify Using Google Assistant

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Same issue here. Have been mucking around with it for a couple of days now with no luck. Guess we sit back and wait...
I've had the same issue and it was driving me mad not being able to resolve it. But it appears as though it's a service problem rather than anything we can do to sort it out. https://status.sonos.com/ shows Google Assistant down for Spotify in Australia.

Hopefully it's sorted soon.
Yeah I tried the language thing, set it all to English US, but it does not fix it at all. If I cant fix it I will have to go back to google play music and get rid of my Spotify premium which is a shame. Glad I am not alone.
Hey anicol55
You're not alone - I am also having this issue. I saw a previous thread from someone overseas who found a fix by tinkering with language settings to make sure all matched (English - US) and it seemed to work for them but not for others. I am also not keen to change all of my settings to US including accent for the Google Assistant.

I can't seem to troubleshoot this issue either. Google Play Music works fine but Spotify unfortunately not.
Yes in Australia. Works fine if Google Play Music is my default music service. It plays fine on Sonos one and my google home minis. If I make Spotify Premium my default music service the google minis dont miss a beat and stream from Spotify but the Sonos One wont play. Says " Sorry not sure how to help with that" or "Sorry I can't help with that yet". If I ask it to play a song from Google Play Music specifically it works. Its just Spotify on Sonos one. If I ask the minis to play from a specific music service regardless of default it works.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Just to confirm, you are in a country that supports it?

US , Australia, Canada, Germany, France, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.

is the Sonos, google assistant and Spotify all in the same country too?
No, tried that
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Does it work if you specify Spotify in the command?

eg “Hey Google, play some music from Spotify”