Answered

cannot specify which music service to Google use on Sonos

• 14 December 2019
  • 3 replies

If I ask Google home to play a specific genre of music on Sonos, it always says that Google Play Music isn't connected to Sonos,  which is true, though Pandora, Amazon music,iHeart radio, etc are.

If I tell Google to turn on Sonos, it plays whatever genre of music on whatever service was last listened to.

I don't seem to be able to specify which service to use.

Is there a way of specifying a default music service for Google to use on Sonos?

Is there a way if specifying which service to use?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 December 2019, 22:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks Ken,

Changing Google default music setting to "other account preferences" did the trick.

On top of available music services supported by the Google Assistant/Home app, when using Sonos, you can also access any of the below listed music services by including their name as part of the playback command. For example, "Play Pink Floyd from Apple Music in the bedroom”.

• Amazon Music
  • Apple Music
  • iHeart Radio
  • SoundCloud 
  • TuneIn

Again the music service must obviously be installed in the Sonos App.

Not all music services can be set as default in the google App, but to set a default service in the Google Home App you goto “Settings/Music” and the same music service and account also needs to be installed in the Sonos App.

In the Google Assistant App, you goto the Settings (icon top right), select the ‘Services’ tab and choose ‘Music’.