Question

Cannot cancel Google Assistant alarm on Sonos One

• 23 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I created a couple of daily alarms on my Sonos One with Google Assistant.  These alarms are no longer needed and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to cancel them.  They do not show up in the Google Home app so I can cancel as I would an alarm created on a Google Nest.  Issuing a command to “cancel” or “delete” this alarm on the Sonos One stops the alarm but does not permanently delete it.  I’ve gone around with Google support.  They couldn’t figure it out and punted me to Sonos support.

Help!

1 reply

@Abe Froman Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. I understand the frustrations that you may be running into with Google telling you to contact Sonos. We do not have control over other Amazon or Google products, meaning controlling their alarms or playing music from Sonos to their products. You are describing Google Assistant, Google Home and Google Nest. If the alarms are setup there you would want to direct your attention there. If this is a possible account mismatch issue then I would recommend a full voice service re-setup with Sonos and Google Assistant.

Before you start, I would recommend a full network,Google and Sonos equipment re-boot off/on for 30 seconds with lights. While the products are all re-boot back then re-boot the mobile device running the Sonos and Google Assistant app. You will also want the email/password information for your Google Assistant and Sonos account before you start. Now, with everything refreshed, go in the Sonos app and tap settings » services & voice and in the Sonos rooms with the voice services add, remove the services from those rooms. Next, you will want to sign out of any Google app or site logged in on your device and/or browser. When that is confirmed then follow the setup steps for Google Assistant voice setup with Sonos.

This should ensure no account mismatch with Google Assistant and then confirm here with the testing results and an updated diagnostic report number from the testing steps.