Question

Can't used Google Assistant to "play instrumental pop songs" on YouTube Music

• 25 July 2019
  • 2 replies

This works fine on all my other Google Home devices, also using YouTube Music as their primary streaming service. Here if the command I issue verbally to Google Assistant:

"OK Google, Play instrumental pop songs"

Unlike the Google Home, which starts playing an instrumental pop song channel or playlist, the Sonos responds with:

"Sure, playing instrumental pop on YouTube Music"
"Sorry it looks like the requested content isn't currently available on YouTube Music"

This seems like a bug that someone should look into. Or am I doing something wrong?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you confirm that you've added YouTube as a Music Service in the Sonos App? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3259?language=en_US
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
This works fine on all my other Google Home devices, also using YouTube Music as their primary streaming service. Here if the command I issue verbally to Google Assistant:

"OK Google, Play instrumental pop songs"

Unlike the Google Home, which starts playing an instrumental pop song channel or playlist, the Sonos responds with:

"Sure, playing instrumental pop on YouTube Music"
"Sorry it looks like the requested content isn't currently available on YouTube Music"

This seems like a bug that someone should look into. Or am I doing something wrong?

No you are not doing anything wrong. There are numerous basic commands for the playing of music artists and playlists that fail to work correctly when using approved correctly linked music providers. This issue also occurs with Spotify.

The Sonos integration is poor, especially as they had 2 years development. It's a poor second rate example of Google Assistant!