Answered

Can't connect Google Assistant, can't find speakers in sonos account

To whom it may concern,

For the entire day of today, I have tried setting up the google assistant in my Sonos speakers. I've had the Sonos One, and the One SL for a while, with the assistant working perfectly until today. As soon as I added the Roam to the app, the problems began. I cannot add the voice assistant to it, moreover, the voice assistant doesn't work whatsoever for any of the products.

I have tried the countless solution in Sonos forums and on Reddit, with no success.

Once I get to the Google Home app, and it asks me to sign in to my sons account, it redirects to a page that asks for me to update my app (it is updated), and that there are no speakers on my account (yes, there are)

I have reset all the accounts, re-installed everything, factory reset all the speakers, deleted and adjusted everything I could. Created new accounts to try and add the Google assistant, but nothing has worked.

I have submitted diagnostics #999897859

icon

Best answer by Andy_113 21 April 2021, 22:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, after starting to believe it would never work again, lo and behold this morning when trying it for the hundredth time it worked! My system is linked to Google again 2 days after I first had the issue. Like @martn17d.2 said, it just seems to be a matter of time. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I've had exactly the same issue over the last 24 hours or so. Yesterday I added the Roam to my existing system (2 Play:1s) which I was previously able to control using Google home speakers. I managed to also setup the Roam to use Google Assistant. 

It was only when I noticed that the Roam wasn't showing in my Google Home app that I tried unlinking and reconnecting the whole system to Google Assistant and hit this same issue. When adding Google Assistant to Sonos or Sonos to Google Home, just after being prompted to login to my Sonos account it immediately showed the message about needing to add Sonos speakers to the account. They're already on the account. Tried with my wife's phone and hit the same error message. 

Went through some steps with support via chat and submitted a diagnostic but we didn't go as far as resetting the whole system. They advised to contact support via phone, which I've not yet had chance to do.

Since earlier this evening the message immediately following logging into Sonos during Google Assistant setup has now changed to Oops, there was a problem
We're having trouble connecting to Sonos right now. Please close your browser, and try again in a few minutes.

​​​​​Is there a problem at Sonos' end that's causing this? The status page suggests no issues with Google Assistant. 

Loving the Roam so far, just a shame that I'm without any Google Assistant integration across my whole system at the moment. 

I’m having the same problem, over an hour talking to support and still no resolution, tried factory resetting One and Roam and setting them up again, but still caught in endless cycle of ‘speakers not registered’ and ‘update the sonos app’.

Very frustrating experience, support have run out of ideas on how to resolve, so now just hoping that it resolves itself.

45 minutes later and working correctly, what a frustrating experience that was.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still not resolved here, still getting the Oops, there was a problem message. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I see this has happened in the past then spontaneously resolved itself. Fingers crossed soon! 

I’m having the same problem, over an hour talking to support and still no resolution, tried factory resetting One and Roam and setting them up again, but still caught in endless cycle of ‘speakers not registered’ and ‘update the sonos app’.

Very frustrating experience, support have run out of ideas on how to resolve, so now just hoping that it resolves itself.

Badge +17

Hi @martn17d.2,

I’ve taken a look at your diagnostic and I don’t spot anything unusual there. I’m going to assume it’s a typo when you wrote:

Once I get to the Google Home app, and it asks me to sign in to my sons account,

but I would ask that you ensure you’re signing in to the exact same account that is registered to your Sonos system. 

Have you also tried setting this up from a different mobile device? Some people have success when trying a different phone or tablet.

If you still can’t get any further forward, please get in touch with our customer care team who can do some more in-depth troubleshooting with you.

I had to temporarily disable the dual band feature on my wifi router to activate Google Assistant on my sonos roam.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Now I'm back to the Register your speakers message.

@martn17d.2 did the issue get resolved for you? 

Now I'm back to the Register your speakers message.

@martn17d.2 did the issue get resolved for you? 

Sadly, it seems to be a matter of time. No one has an actual answer of a procedure to follow, or a solution to it.

I have had further issues with Google Assistant, after finally setting up and getting Google up and running, the next morning Assistant had mysteriously uninstalled itself, I’ve managed to resolve this but definitely something not working correctly here.

I have the same issue, so depressing 

Same issue here. It was working correctly on Thursday when the Roam came in, but this morning it was saying that it was offline while I could still play music from Spotify.

I removed the assistant and couldn't add it anymore ( speaker not found, there has been an error). 

I tried to remove my Pi-hole from my network setup, add 5ghz wifi, reset the Roam speaker, nothing works... 

Might this be a network issue within the Sonos Network? Is there a status page we can check?

i have a new sonos arc and exactly the same issue.

After a ton of thing I tried, it seemed that the problem is/was between Sonos and Google. 

After disconnecting the Sonos from Google home, I was unable to connect it again. After about an hour (total of 6 hours of trying to get it to work) I was finally able to connect sonos to the Google home app again, and after that I was able to redo my Google assistant again too.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had problems this morning as well, this time it was Google Assistant on the Roam telling me that it didn't have an Internet connection. Sonos Status page didn't report any issues with Google Assistant when I checked. My Google Home speakers were fine. Tried again this afternoon and it's resolved. Tempted just to set my Google Home Mini back up in the same room as the Roam and disable Google Assistant on the Roam for the time being.