Answered

Can't add voice assistant to Beam "Google Assistant is not available in your country" when Sonos account is already set to "US" and when already have a Beam with GA active

• 16 May 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I think subject say it all. I can't add voice assistant to Sonos Move that I have recently purchased and added to my Sonos System. I keep getting a "Google Assistant is not available in your country"

Now the strange thing is that I already had a Sonos Beam for a while now and I managed to add Google Assistant to it by setting my Sonos Account Country to “US”.

The Sonos Beam Voice Google Assistant is working just fine, however, when I try to add it to the Beam I keep getting the error "Google Assistant is not available in your country".

What else should I do? I’ve tried loggin in and out of the app, I cleared data/cache, I tried setting Sonos account country to UK, then back again to US, but nothing seems to work.

Am I missing something? As I understood it one didn’t need to make any changes to the Google Account right?

icon

Best answer by icebrian 27 May 2022, 14:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I have had UK selected from the beginning and the setup worked fine then. Recently I needed to add assistant to other speakers and I couldn't. 

Yesterday after reading this I just added the ZIP code to my account before I went to sleep and tried in the morning and all works fine now.

I didn't reset the speakers, didn't unplug them, anything. I just added the ZIP code and waited. It didn't work immediately after adding ZIP code.

Userlevel 1

Hello all, 

So today I reached out to technical support and got everything solved. Support was very helpful, thanks sonos for that!

So, basically the only thing we did was:

1. Change my profile to UK country and add a ZIP code (I added EC1A 2BN)
  2. Now this step is may-be what is causing problems, we had to wait may-be 5-10min before support actually saw the change on their side, so probably best to make the change a wait a good 15min before proceeding.
  3. I disconnected all my products from power, the beam for power source and the move I needed to hold down the power button for 15sec
  4. Then  we waited an additional say 15 -30 seconds before turning them back on
  5. After turning them back on, waited again may-be 30 seconds to make sure they are booted and registered, then finally went back to the Sonos App and tried adding Google Assistant, and it just worked! 

So it seems trick is giving things time to update and refresh correctly. Why it stopped working when my profile was set to US I do not know, but to be honest really don’t care.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

In the meantime I've lost Google Assistant on my Beam. It just suddenly vanished and now I cant add it back and the main functionality and reason I bought a Beam and a Move is non existent.

Haven't yet reached out to technical support, but will do so tomorrow and report back if any solution is reached. 

I have a same issue - using GA no problem but recently had to reconnect the sonos and now it doesnt work

What did the technical support team say when you contacted them?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have exactly the same problem. I have four devices set up with Google assistant but after resetting one of them I'm not able to add Google assistant again. It says Google assistant is not available in your country.

I've had these products for several years and no problem. I've been able to add Google Assistant without any problem. Until now. Your in-app message about google assistant not being supported in my country stops me from doin anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @icebrian 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please turn your Beam and router off by unplugging them from power. Once the router has been off for about 30 seconds, turn it back on and only turn on the Beam once you have WiFi back again. Please also reboot your phone/tablet.

Once all done, please try adding Google Assistant again. If it fails, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

You shouldn’t need to make any changes to your Google account.

I hope this helps.