Question

Can't add Google Assistant on iOS

• 21 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I have currently two :One in our house running Google Voice Assistant together with a few Google Home devices. Recently we decided to get the new White Move but as I tried to set it up with Google Assistant it kept failing as it was returning me from the Google Assistant app back to Sonos app. 

I complete the setup in Google Assistant app and when I press Done it takes me back to Sonos App that tells me something went wrong. If I manually go back to the Sonos app instead of pressing Done it seems to have completed the setup but now all my Sonos devices refuse to respond to any call outs to “Ok Google”, though they give me the wake chime sound but checking the myactivity.google.com page shows that nothing has been submitted to Google.

Please help me troubleshoot this and resolve this matter once and for all. It seems I’m not alone in this situation so with helping me I believe a lot of users out there will be helped too.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @kanzie, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about adding Google Voice Assistant on the Sonos App, Kindly check this link for further details. Also, please make sure that It's the same account that is logged in on the Google Assistant or Google Home App the same as the one that you’re trying to sign-in on the Sonos App. If that doesn’t work, Kindly try it on a different or another controller for the Sonos App. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon!

those are the instructions I’m following and everything goes as it should until I’m taken back to the Sonos app where it announces that it couldn’t add the assistant. 

if I don’t have any other devices to try on what do I do then? Can you Troubleshoot my device remotely somehow?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @kanzie, thanks for the update.  I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. Sorry, but we don’t have remote access in my end to check on this issue. but for further assistance. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They have access for remote assistance so they can check what could be causing this issue on Adding Google Assistant on the Sonos App. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.