Sonos keeps shadow-cancelling my and my roommates orders

• 23 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

my roommate and I have been trying to place our first order on Sonos.com. It always gives us a confirmation screen of success, then it never emails an email confirmation or shows up in the order history. We’ve already reached out numerous times and the sales team always says “it’s a payment error, it’s on your card” but our cards all say that there was no problem. I even paid through PayPal and the authorization is still there, but support just told me it was auto cancelled due to payment verification still. My card issuer told me that the charge went through fine! The cherry on the sundae is that in response to an escalation to the operations team to find out why it isn’t working, my roommate got this answer back:

———

“Thank you for reaching out to Sonos support.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in following up. After looking it over, we are unable to process your order at the moment.

With that being said, we highly suggest checking our partner stores if any of them carry the same unit you are trying to purchase by clicking this Link. Our partners may also carry different promotions when purchasing.

Lastly, we will still cover the warranty of your order just in case you proceed with purchasing through a third-party retailer.”

———

They provided no reason why they couldn’t take our business. We have never done business with Sonos before and own no sonos products. Why is this happening? Please help me understand so that I can fix it. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @swiblet, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into the case you opened with our sales team via chat.

From what our sales team have said, the payment had failed on the order which is why it failed to process in the system. As the payment failed and the order was In this case, they recommend reaching out to your bank to verify everything is okay on their end or purchasing through a retailer. Like our other community users have said, we can provide limited support and would recommend reaching out with bigger tech or sales issues.

It may be worth calling into our sales team and placing the order with them over the phone. That way, you’re able to confirm if the order has gone through while you’re with them.

I hope this information helps!

I’m not really sure what you expect this community to do for you. You’re best bet is a call to Sonos sales, they are the only ones who might be able to shed some light here. 

I’ve already tried Sonos sales, as my initial post stated. As for what I’m expecting. I’m expecting a sonos employee to see this and help, as I’ve seen on other similar questions in this community :) also perhaps other community members who have gone through the same issue may feel led to chime in.

I assume your reply means that you personally do not fit either of those categories, so I’ll wait for someone else. Thanks for checking out the question though!

I’ve already tried Sonos sales, as my initial post stated. As for what I’m expecting. I’m expecting a sonos employee to see this and help, as I’ve seen on other similar questions in this community :) also perhaps other community members who have gone through the same issue may feel led to chime in.

I assume your reply means that you personally do not fit either of those categories, so I’ll wait for someone else. Thanks for checking out the question though!

Sonos employees do roam these forums and can provide tech support, but Sonos distinctly separates sales and technical support. They don’t have access to see any of the sales related applications Sonos has, so all they can do is recommend you call sales again.  As far as community members, it’s rare that any sales related issues get much traction as they all seem to be isolated incidents.  I don’t recall seeing anyone having an issue similar to what you have going on here.

The only thing that I can think of that might explain the issue is that both you and your roommate share the same address.  Possible that the validation program can’t validate your address (new location perhaps) and the sales process can’t get past that.  Hence, another vendor may use a different validation system to get around the issue?