Answered

Are trade up credits being adjusted by Sonos?

• 20 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Has anyone else found that their trade up products have been removed from their accounts, so that there are not as many items to trade up as they expected?  

I have old generation products in my account which I traded up and returned to Sonos, but these were removed and the “trade up” credit applied to items I am still using.  

Sonos say that they are unable to verify registration for the products returned under GDPR, as they may now be registered to others.  So they are saying that the products returned are now in use by others - what!  they’ve sold them on!?  And because I’ve returned them I’ve effectively lost my 30% upgrade credit….?

Come on Sonos, this is a con!

Anybody else found this?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 20 January 2023, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Has anyone else found that their trade up products have been removed from their accounts, so that there are not as many items to trade up as they expected?  

No.

I have old generation products in my account which I traded up and returned to Sonos, but these were removed and the “trade up” credit applied to items I am still using.  

What do you mean by “applied to items I am still using”?  Are you saying you used the credit to buy new speakers?  Or are you saying you have some other old products, and you see them listed as “credit redeemed” in your account?

Sonos say that they are unable to verify registration for the products returned under GDPR, as they may now be registered to others.  So they are saying that the products returned are now in use by others - what!  they’ve sold them on!?  And because I’ve returned them I’ve effectively lost my 30% upgrade credit….?

Come on Sonos, this is a con!

Anybody else found this?

I suspect Sonos  was speaking more generally then to your specific case. You’re assuming they track the serial numbers of return speakers that they have recycled.  Maybe they do, don’t know.  But generally speaking, a speaker that you no longer have could be in the possession of someone else, and they therefore can apply for the credit, if you did not already.

Is it possible that you made a mistake and didn’t apply for the credit before you mailed it off for recycling?  Maybe sent the wrong product?  Is it possible that there was an error processing things on Sonos part, and not a malicious con?   I can understand why Sonos can’t provide a credit to anyone who claims they used to own an old Sonos product but no longer have it and can’t provide any proof.   But yes, customer is always right.

Not a good situation, but no, I don’t think this is a systemic issue from what I’ve seen.

Userlevel 2

This happened in the early days of the generation upgrades Oct 2019. Legacy items had upgrade credits applied to them and listed as such in my account ( I rename each product so it’s easy for identification).  Sonos put them in recycle mode and requested they be returned, and last year they still appeared in my account, with other legacy items still in use but witout upgrade credits applied yet. However, come 2023, the recycled items are gone from account and the previously used upgrade credits have been applied to those not yet upgraded.  So 3 or 4 upgrade credits gone, put that against immersive sets and that’s £2000 or more of credit disappeared!!  I contact Sonos and the general reply was sorry no record, but can’t disclose due to gdpr, can’t help…..Seems to stink a little to me?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve just checked mine and it’s ok