Answered

Your Device isn't compatible with this version

• 19 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
update to 8.5.1

Did an update on my windows 10, Samsung Galaxy tab S2 and Samsung Galaxy phone S8 today... almost... Phone says its not compatible.

Anyone else have a problem? is this specifically a Galaxy S8 issue, or are other phones also incompatible?
icon

Best answer by camillo777 19 April 2018, 07:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi

I'm not a Galaxy owner...but did you check to see if there is an update for the phone's firmware? That could be the cause :?

Cheers!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Running Android 8.0.0 last update was early April, think the phone is up to date. just won't run Sonos 8.5
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Running Android 8.0.0 last update was early April, think the phone is up to date. just won't run Sonos 8.5

Hi Pete
I have got Samsung Galaxy s8+ and it is working.
I suggest you contact Sonos support, also on Twitter.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I have the s8 on 8.5.1 working on the latest s8 update. Also on note 8 and a s9
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sorted, the phone needed a reboot before the update would install. thanks for the help, always good to know if it works for others then need to sort my device out:D
I had this on a Moto X today too - seemed to have sorted itself after swapping from 5GHz to 2.4GHz wi-fi bands? Sonos requires 2.4GHz broadcast, although it now works OK on the 5GHz band, maybe it just needs to have detected the correct network.