Zone / Group presets

• 30 May 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Would be happy to see an option to define group/zone presets. From the worklow sometimes it may be more intuitive to choose a radio station or a playlist and instead of "play now" in the preselected zone choose the zone where it schould be played. This would automatically redefine the group if it was changed the day before. It also can be used for the alarm to be played in the prdefined group zone without the need to group the rooms in the evening ...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

add room Group Presets in the same list with individual rooms. Need this because there are too many times where I have to select the same group of rooms. Should also be able to hand off source to new room group which doesn't have current room in the list. When I start listening in the bathroom while getting ready, I like to move what's currently playing to a group of rooms in the rest of the house and turn off the room I am leaving.
room Group Preset should be in same list as individual rooms. This is helpful because many times I have to deselect the same group. Also would like ability to hand off source from one room or group to another. I often start listening getting ready on the bathroom then want to hand off what's playing to the entire house group, excluding the original room.
Userlevel 1
room Group Preset should be in same list as individual rooms. This is helpful because many times I have to deselect the same group. Also would like ability to hand off source from one room or group to another. I often start listening getting ready on the bathroom then want to hand off what's playing to the entire house group, excluding the original room.
Thanks for your supporting comment ... pls like it (+1) to move it upwards in the list!
I agree. But why just alarms - why not play lists or streaming downloads...
Sometimes when I'm alone I want all Sonos devices to play whatever it is I'm listening to throughout the house - bedroom, patio, office, TV, Living room.
Other times it's just my office I want 'on'.
A 'one click' capability for different sets of 'pre-grouped' devices would make life much easier.
Userlevel 1
Badge
This has been requested for ten years. Sonos must have read the many threads on here requesting it??
Badge
Would be happy to see an option to define group/zone presets. From the worklow sometimes it may be more intuitive to choose a radio station or a playlist and instead of "play now" in the preselected zone choose the zone where it schould be played. This would automatically redefine the group if it was changed the day before. It also can be used for the alarm to be played in the prdefined group zone without the need to group the rooms in the evening ...

Requested since several years and still not available... come on, this is basic... Sonos, do something!