Your Sonos product was not found

• 3 January 2015
  • 12 replies

I have 3 Sonos Play5 and they all used to work. Suddenly, one stopped working, for no obvious reason. When I try to reconnect it, I get an exclamation point and a message that my Sonos product is not found and asking me to move it closer to the router. The speaker is right next to the router, while my 2 others are much farther away. What gives? I tried a Hard reset with no success

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi User432456,
It sounds like the PLAY:5 is having trouble obtaining an IP address from your router. Please try rebooting the router by removing it from power for ten seconds, then plugging it back in. If this does not work, please send us a diagnostic number and we'll look into it: Submit diagnostics.
This fixed my issue. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This fixed my issue. Thank you.
Hi Jeremy,

That is great news. Please let us know if you have any further issues.
I had the same issue when trying to connect a third play:1 to my system. After resetting my router the problem was fixed. Thank you!
I am having the same issues with my system. We have a Play:1 that connects fine, but when I go to add the Connect it gives me the error. We're reset the modem and router, reset the controller, and nothing has worked. Tried through wireless and ethernet. It will find the Connect and show the serial number, but after trying to connect is says it is not found, although the status light on the Connect goes solid white as if it is connected.
I'd recommend that while the Connect is wired, and showing up in the controller, you submit a system diagnostic and either post the number here, or call in to their Customer Support phone ( www.sonos.com/contact for the number and times ) and see what they can figure out.
Userlevel 1
Same here since I changed router, using the same SSID / Password... I have four speakers... two connected to my wifi, and two simply did not. and I had to factory reset... and now I cannot connect. Diagnostics confirmation 8353459.

I have tried ethernet wired to my Play 5, sees the player, with serial number, and when I then add, it says the player is not found. My new router is the Asus RT-AC3100 Thanks.
If your router is dual band, make sure you are connecting Sonos and the controllers to the 2.4 GHz band and not the 5 GHz.
Userlevel 1
Yes, I can see via the router management that the sonos are at 2.4GHz.
Userlevel 1
Finally found the answer:
ianlimn

I played with a bunch of wifi settings and finally tracked down the culprit.
Asus RT-AC3100 / RT-AC88u Wireless menu >> Professional Tab >> Airtime Fairness
This setting is enabled by default. When I disabled it my access to my Sonos was restored to it's former fully functioning glory.

================

This did the trick! funny how one tiny switch derailed the whole thing.
Thanks ianlimn.
@whyster you saved the day. Same fix for my RT-AC88U
Disabling Airtime fairness worked for me as well 🙂