'Your Music' feature on Spotify

Show first post

166 replies

Badge
How the hell is this still not supported over a year later? We need albums if we're going to use Spotify on Sonos.
SilverSideDown wrote:

How the hell is this still not supported over a year later? We need albums if we're going to use Spotify on Sonos.

Looking for a new service now that Rdio is dead and Spotify not having albums on Sonos just blows. What about Google Music interface on Sonos? Any feedback?
+1 from me for this please.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
@Sonos - As of 6 days ago the Spotify web-api was adapted to also return a users 'Saved Albums' from the web-api. This should allow you to finally add Albums also into the Sonos app under 'Your Music'. Please see https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/get-users-saved-albums/

Still no progress yet on Artists though
Userlevel 1
New to Sonos today, and just taken delivery of my new gen 2 Play 5, and amazed with it, connected to Spotify, my NAS library, Amazon.....

....BUT... amazed that no there is no support to play an entire album from within Spotify :@

When will this be fixed please ?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
crash wrote:

New to Sonos today, and just taken delivery of my new gen 2 Play 5, and amazed with it, connected to Spotify, my NAS library, Amazon.....

....BUT... amazed that no there is no support to play an entire album from within Spotify :@

When will this be fixed please ?

huh ? search the album using the universal search in the app, select the album and choose 'All Tracks' to add to the queue.
Badge
colby_84 wrote:

With the recent update on Spotify now moving your playlists under 'Your Music' and having categories such as songs, albums and artists. Will there be an update to the Sonos app to allow us to take advantage of this feature?

Is this resolved now ? Not here.....
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
We wanted to let you all know that Your Music was just updated on Sonos to include your saved albums from Spotify. You can see more here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
nicka99 wrote:

@Sonos - As of 6 days ago the Spotify web-api was adapted to also return a users 'Saved Albums' from the web-api. This should allow you to finally add Albums also into the Sonos app under 'Your Music'. Please see https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/get-users-saved-albums/

thanks for listening Ryan - very happy that Albums are now supported (also saving of albums) :D

Now to push Spotify to add Artists also
https://github.com/spotify/web-api/issues/114
Badge
Ryan S wrote:

We wanted to let you all know that Your Music was just updated on Sonos to include your saved albums from Spotify. You can see more here.

+1 Thanks, what about "Artists" now ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Romaink wrote:

+1 Thanks, what about "Artists" now ?

Thanks for asking, nothing to share right now about getting that added. We'll let you know if there's any news when it's available.
Badge
Is it so difficult ????
Since the Albums view is sorted by artist name rather than album name, it would seem this new view would be pretty darn useful for people wanting to browse by artist.

For me, this is the most useful browsing view they could have added.
I created this profile for the sole purpose of adding my voice to say that we absolutely need the browse by Artists option for Spotify.

I've switched to spotify after Rdio's closure announcement and now I am terribly disappointed in Spotify's integration to Sonos. Browsing by Artists is just way more simple than adding albums to get to artist, to get to the other albums. And adding all albums would create way too big of a folder to effectively browse.

I know the search with return any results but I just don't always know exactly what I want to listen to/search for, hence the need for browsing.

Please work this out.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Benlineofire wrote:

I created this profile for the sole purpose of adding my voice to say that we absolutely need the browse by Artists option for Spotify.

I've switched to spotify after Rdio's closure announcement and now I am terribly disappointed in Spotify's integration to Sonos. Browsing by Artists is just way more simple than adding albums to get to artist, to get to the other albums. And adding all albums would create way too big of a folder to effectively browse.

I know the search with return any results but I just don't always know exactly what I want to listen to/search for, hence the need for browsing.

Please work this out.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the community. Stick around and join the discussions.

We're continuing to work with Spotify to provide the best possible experience on Sonos possible. We'll be letting everyone know when there are updates.
What's the current status of this feature request? I think it's a great disadvantage not be able to browse your artists. It works fine with Apple Music.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)