'Your Music' feature on Spotify

Show first post

166 replies

E wrote:

No, I don't think it's available.

@jesper ordrup can you link to the mentioned support request?

It was a mail correspondence with Spotify. Sppotify support later corrected their answer to that they actually did not know Sonos plans for implementation.
Sonos rep could you please make an official statement on this? 

best
Jesper
Steven Eerdekens wrote:

I suppose it's just a matter of time.
You can't expect Sonos to implement changes a few days after Spotify did.
But I agree this is basic functionaility. I also converted all my album playlists to 'albums under my music' .
I'm sure they will come up with an update soon.

Have to say I'm not so sure. As I said in my post above sonos have not implemented other features such as radio, and spotify are pushing their spotify connect solution as a way of accessing spotify on third party hardware devices which sonos have said they won't be part of. I've just switched to google play music which does offer all these features on sonos.
Userlevel 1
I've sent an email to the Director of Worldwide Support (via their website).  Will be interesting to see if I get any sort of reply or answer with regards to our 'idea' 
Userlevel 1
The Google Music App (on Android) is able to stream to a Sonos player directly (without going via the Sonos app). If the Spotify app would be able to do this too, that would be sufficient for me (both on Android and IOS in my case)
Userlevel 1
Steven Eerdekens wrote:

The Google Music App (on Android) is able to stream to a Sonos player directly (without going via the Sonos app). If the Spotify app would be able to do this too, that would be sufficient for me (both on Android and IOS in my case)

Hi Steven,

This would be Spotify Connect which Spotify has already launched but Sonos refused to support I believe at the time of launch.  Who knows though how things will go now that Google Play Music (on Android) now lets you do this. 
Userlevel 1
Steven Eerdekens wrote:

I hope the reasons for the refusal are technical and temporary, not political because the only victims here would be the Sonos and Spotify customers.
Frances wrote:

I completely agree with all the comments. I was really excited by the Spotify update and transferred all my playlists into albums and deleted the playlists. I then realised Sonos didn't support it and had to reapply all my playlists.

I hope this can be resolved ASAP.

I did exactly the same thing Frances. I was so glad to get rid of the hundreds of album playlists I had and to finally have my albums saved in an organised collection only to realise this feature wasn't supported in Sonos. doh!
The 'Your Music' feature is now a fundamental part of the Spotify experience and Sonos should implement support for it. I don't buy that it's a difficult process - Playlists are supported. If Sonos want their products to remain attractive to current and future customers then they need to stay ahead of the curve.
+1 for this feature. i really wouldn't want to move away from Spotify as my primary music source on Sonos...
The best thread I can find on the Spotify forum is this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Your-Music-coming-to-Roku/td-p/747881

Please reply to or follow that thread if you want updates from Spotify too.
Userlevel 1
E wrote:

The best thread I can find on the Spotify forum is this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Your-Music-coming-to-Roku/td-p/747881

Please reply to or follow that thread if you want updates from Spotify too.

Hi

There is already a Spotify forum about Sonos/Spotify Integration.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Complete-Sonos-Integration-please/td-p/25...

Difficulty that we have is that the more and more people decide to create their own forum posts rather than look for existing ones then the attention gets diluted :(
Just another Sonos / Spotify user who wants "Your music" to be sorted ASAP. I am looking to extend my wireless speaker system but am having second thoughts about Sonos if the app remains so out of date. With Spotify becoming the main source of streaming for the majority of streamers Sonos needs to keep up to make their speakers a viable option. Otherwise the alternatives will just more appealing. I really don't want to go down the Google Play route or just back to using airplay speakers.
I'm in a similar boat. I've got a few of the smaller speakers and enjoy them. I'd like to add some additional bigger rooms to the tune of thousands of dollars, but until I see some commitment to progress I can't justify it. Not when the Airplay route is cheaper and "nearly" as flexible for our purpose. It's unacceptable that a major new feature from arguably the most popular music source is met with no official response beyond "add it to the Ideas" forum and pretend that the number of upvotes will matter. J
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
even number of votes doesnt matter - just look at the Spotify Radio and DTS decisions, neither of which were adopted
Good point. Sonos seems awfully interested in adding MORE services... must be 10-12 "lab" services I've never heard of at this point. But correctly supporting arguably the biggest/most popular doesn't warrant an official response/plan/indication of any kind. Similarly for other hugely popular requests like supporting multiple accounts for services (e.g., my Pandora account vs. my wife's).
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Your Music is a great direction for Spotify and we were excited to see the app redesign.  We understand you want to see this on Sonos as soon as possible and we're both committed to a great Spotify experience on Sonos.  At this time however, we don’t have any new information to share.

Following some of the recent comments on Sonos Labs services, let me provide a little background on what Sonos Labs is and how it works.

Sonos Labs is an open developer program and any service can apply to develop a Sonos integration.  This allows even smaller or newer services to develop, test, and launch on Sonos by themselves, pending final approval.  Many services have successfully integrated with Sonos via Sonos Labs, but not all.

The multiple service accounts Idea topic is marked as Planned. Although it is a major effort, multiple account support is coming in the future, so make sure you're following that thread for updates. 
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Sorry, not good enough. "At this time... I can state that we are committed to providing a full Spotify experience on Sonos - including Your Music" is the only acceptable response. Anything else is tosh.

I don't care if it's Sonos or Spotify that's at fault. Both companies need to grow up and understand for whom they exist and who pays their salaries. Get on with it, or other offerings will take over.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
By far the best thing would be sonos and spotify to work together to bring 'play on sonos' directly to the spotify app just like they've done with Google Play. That way whatever bells and whistles spotify add are immediately available via sonos. Sonos will never be able to keep up with the pace of change across all the supported music services any more - it's the only way to go. I realise this will be at odds with the new 'spotify connect' offering but I very much doubt many sonos owners are going to ditch their kit of favour of a new device just to support it.
I agree with Nick, Sonos and Spotify need to work together for a better solution with issues like this. Spotify is evolving fast and Sonos needs a system which enables it to keep up and avoid frustrated customers. I have a whole house to kit out with a speaker system, it was going to be Sonos but I will definitely put that on hold for now. I want more than diplomatic responses before investing in a system which so has caught my eye but seems to drag it's heels when it comes to updating the apps we use. It's a tech eat tech world and I would hate to see Sonos slowly vanish due to taking their eye of the ball.
I just switched from Spotify to Rdio. Rdio works perfect with Sonos. And "your music" (called My collections) is working perfect. 

I dont know about quality or if they have as much music as Spotify - but it works.

Rdio mobile clients looks better, works better together with web version. 

No loss - only gain so far.

/J
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your official statement  "At this time however, we don’t have any new information to share."

If your comment were added several month ago when Spotify just added the feature - it would be ok. A little more would have been expected. Back then you might have said: "We (Sonos) will of cause support important new featues like "your music". Let me get back to you as soon as I know more".

But now - really late and after many many requests you state ".. we don’t have any new information to share". 

Problem is that you are saying nothing.

Try thinking it this way: Sonos users are dedicated users (actually locked in) - we in turn must give them dedicated answers. Thats the least Sonos can do.

/Jesper
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
regarding trying alternative services - Ive tried all of them which are available in the UK and Spotify, whilst not perfect, ticks the most boxes for me.  I also use the mobile app extensively whilst traveling in the car so thats as important as how it integrates with Sonos.  Spotify seems the most robust at dealing with/recovering from poor network coverage whilst driving compared to the others, most of which just stop and need manual intervention to get going again.
NickA wrote:

regarding trying alternative services - Ive tried all of them which are available in the UK and Spotify, whilst not perfect, ticks the most boxes for me.  I also use the mobile app extensively whilst traveling in the car so thats as important as how it integrates with Sonos.  Spotify seems the most robust at dealing with/recovering from poor network coverage whilst driving compared to the others, most of which just stop and need manual intervention to get going again.

If rdio is avail then try that. Also has sync of content
I don't want to change to other streaming services as Spotify is great for me. I have created playlists which I want to keep and enjoy. I would rather Sonos sort out a better system to allow better integration with services like Spotify.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)