Within Sonos Playlist Search

• 21 August 2017
  • 7 replies

This may be cheesy to some, but I'd like to be able to search within a Sonos playlist, know if a certain song was in a Sonos playlist or be able to sort a Sonos playlist. Is this part of the functionality of the app and I missed it? I run the app on my Surface Pro (Windows 10) and Galaxy S7.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15
I don't see it as cheesy but laughable that you can't do it.
Userlevel 2
i'm looking for a similar function, how to manage my playlists, configure new ones by selecting songs from different playlist. Is there an app that can do this?
On an almost weekly basis, I have to install updates, but never ever is there to option to decently organise your playlist. Things like: list the songs or artist alphabetically so that you can see you have double songs in there, or that you get a message when a songs is added twice to the same playlist. It can't be that hard to do that, can it? It's 2017 guys!
And now it's 2019 (almost!)

C'mon Sonos, we want to be able to search and sort our playlists.
Shocking that this basic functionality still does not exist and, even worse, that previous comments have not been properly acknowledged
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
This is the single most important feature missing from Sonos. How do I quickly jump to a song within my playlist if there is no search? Not even a way to sort the playlist? It's a huge oversight on the part of Sonos. Very frustrating. You'd think such a basic, obvious feature would have been included years ago.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Just adding to this in the year 2020.   A search for this topic brought me to this thread.  Now that Itunes/music playlist can no longer be accessed, being able to actually manage all the Sonos playlists I’ve created is even more important.  Not knowing if I’m adding duplicates is really annoying.