Answered

Within an album, tracks are not sorted by track number

• 13 September 2013
  • 12 replies

Badge
Hi -- I can't explain this (annoying) strange behavior: within an album, my tracks are not always sorted by track number. When it is not the case, the order is not neither alphabetical. All my tracks have correct tags. All my track number tags are correctly filled. The "sort by track number" is selected in the Controller's options. Any help?
icon

Best answer by Ryan E 18 September 2013, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi there Joachim,

When browsing the tracks in the album, does Sonos display the track number next to each track? I'm wondering if Sonos recognizes the track number tag (but is not putting them in order properly) or just not seeing it.

I'd also like to see a diagnostic report from the system. Please follow the steps in this FAQ and let me know what your diagnostic confirmation number is and I'll have a look.

Thanks.
Badge
Hi Ryan -- Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes Sonos does recognize the track numbers. They are displayed in front of each track within each album. Here the diagnostics number: 3163064 -Cheers-
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Thank you for the diagnostic report and the clarification. The system is looking great at the moment. You mention in the initial post that the tracks are not always in order. Does this mean that sometimes the same albums will show up with tracks that are in a correct order? Or are some albums always incorrect? I'd like to narrow-down whether this is an issue with particular tracks in the library or if it may be more of a problem with the index itself.
Badge
For some albums, tracks are correctly ordered; for some others they are not. An unordered album can become ordered after several updates of the library (but highly unpredictable).
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
If some albums will show as correctly ordered, then go to unordered after an index (and vice versa), that is strange behavior indeed. I'd like to get a support ticket started for you so one of our technicians can work with you closely to determine the cause of the problem. I'll open the ticket under reference number 130917-000896. When you have some time, would you mind contact our support team via phone? I'd like a technician to work with you (and, with your permission, log in to your computer with you to investigate Sonos and the music library files) so we can narrow down the cause of this problem. Our contact information can be found here. Thanks.
Badge
Hi -- Sorry if it took me so long to come back here. I had someone from Sonos on the phone some time ago, who noticed the very same behavior on his own Controller (he tried to modify the order from alphabetical to track number and vice versa but everything seemed to be messed up also for him). The only answer he could give me is: "the issue doesn't seem to come from you but from Sonos. You don't have to do anything". is anyone seeing the same behavior.
Badge
Hi Ryan. Do you have any updates regarding this matter?

Cheers
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Ryan. Do you have any updates regarding this matter?

Cheers

Hello Joachim,

It looks like you're in correspondence with one of our support technicians. We'll need to take a closer look at your library with you. Please keep in contact with your technician, and if you can, please contact us on our support phone line so we can work more in-depth with you. Our contact information and hours of availability can be found here. You can provide the same reference number I gave above, 130917-000896, to continue.

Thanks.
Badge
Did this ever get resolved? I just noticed the same issue when playing one of my albums. I don't see any way of reordering on my iPhone app.
I have same problem on both PC and Android app
Userlevel 2
Badge
This same problem has recently emerged on my system (PC and Android app). Is there a solution? Tracks on all albums are in Alphabetical order, not as per the album's track number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, chyman. Thanks for posting. The resolution for this topic was to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. With problems regarding music libraries, troubleshooting in real time over a remote session would be most helpful. This way a technician will be able to get a closer look at the files themselves and get this sorted.

Thanks again.