Windows will not launch my Sonos Controller

• 18 October 2018
  • 3 replies

My Sonos controller will not launch the Sonos app on my Desktop PC. It has been working fine for over a year now. I have a seperete I Pad and the controller is working fine on this machine but as my music library is stored on my Desktop PC I cannot add new music. The system is happy to play my songs from the Sonos App in my library. I downloaded the latest Installer to my Desktop PC with the same result. I get the introductory Black screen but the controller will not launch. Any help appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Couple of thoughts here.

1) What OS are you running on your Desktop PC?
2) What program do you use to manage adding music to your library? You should be able to continue to add the music to your PC as normal, and the iPad app, when the library update process is run (either automatically, or manually) should pick up the new music

Have you tried to contact Sonos to discuss it? It might be easier for them to diagnose the issue with a remote connection to your computer while you're on the phone with them, rather than depending on the back and forth kind of process that happens in a forum like this.
1.Running Windows 10.
2.I use Music Bee. I can add music to my PC but I cannot update the library because I am unable to launch the control app
2) You can update your music library from your iPad. You don't have to use the controller on the Win10 box.

I'd still recommend calling Sonos, they'll likely have better solutions for you to try.