Answered

Windows App for Sonos / Russound Support

I would like the ability for my Russound keypads to integrate with my Sonos Port (metadata information display and simple track controls) -- preferably by some program running on a Windows server.  A search on Google directed me to the following thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/windows-app-for-sonos-support-with-russound-amps-6760954

This seems to be the exact solution for which I am looking; however, the thread is 3 years old and the original poster is unresponsive to messages.  

Did anyone get him to share the program, or otherwise have access to something that does the same?

icon

Best answer by Krishma M 14 July 2020, 23:34

Hi @jsu1995, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! As of the moment, Sonos’s first-ever endorsed partner integrations are with connected home leaders Crestron, Lutron, Savant, Control4, iPort, and Deutsche Telekom’s QIVICON. You can check that through the link Using Sonos with 3rd Party Integrated Systems. I’d be more than glad to forward your interest to the team. Let us know if you need anything. Thanks!

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @jsu1995, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! As of the moment, Sonos’s first-ever endorsed partner integrations are with connected home leaders Crestron, Lutron, Savant, Control4, iPort, and Deutsche Telekom’s QIVICON. You can check that through the link Using Sonos with 3rd Party Integrated Systems. I’d be more than glad to forward your interest to the team. Let us know if you need anything. Thanks!

Hi @jsu1995, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! As of the moment, Sonos’s first-ever endorsed partner integrations are with connected home leaders Crestron, Lutron, Savant, Control4, iPort, and Deutsche Telekom’s QIVICON. You can check that through the link Using Sonos with 3rd Party Integrated Systems. I’d be more than glad to forward your interest to the team. Let us know if you need anything. Thanks!

I don’t use any of the integrator companies on that list, so your response really does me no good.  My Whole House Audio system is through Russound, and I need the metadata and controls of the Sonos to show up on my MDK-C6 keypads.

Despite me liking the Sonos app better than the Russound app, I still use my Russound streamers for my audio source (instead of my Sonos Port), since everything for the Russound is available on the local keypads, as well as the app.  For that reason, I will not be purchasing any additional Sonos devices until I can find a viable integration solution.

Thanks for your attempted response, but I really need someone to address exactly what I asked in my initial post.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @jsu1995, thanks for your reply. I understand that you want to integrate your Sonos system with Russound and to be honest, we don't have any news to share today about that but we'd be happy to share your interest with the team. Thanks! 

Hi @jsu1995, thanks for your reply. I understand that you want to integrate your Sonos system with Russound and to be honest, we don't have any news to share today about that but we'd be happy to share your interest with the team. Thanks! 

@Krishma M , it seems like my solution is already out there, based on the thread in my original post…. I just need to be able to get in touch with that user ( @Jimk1972 ).  You could help by opening that thread back up, so I can reply there in hopes of the OP getting a notification and maybe coming on to share his information.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @jsu1995, thanks for your reply. I understand that you want to integrate your Sonos system with Russound and to be honest, we don't have any news to share today about that but we'd be happy to share your interest with the team. Thanks! 

@Krishma M , it seems like my solution is already out there, based on the thread in my original post…. I just need to be able to get in touch with that user ( @Jimk1972 ).  You could help by opening that thread back up, so I can reply there in hopes of the OP getting a notification and maybe coming on to share his information.

You can try sending him a direct message, or we can tag @Jimk1972 maybe he can share his thoughts about Russound. Thanks!

You can try sending him a direct message, or we can tag @Jimk1972 maybe he can share his thoughts about Russound. Thanks!

Yeah, I first attempted to DM him about a month ago… when that failed, I then started this thread.  Hopefully he will eventually get some sort of notification and reply here.

Just received a notification the other day. Been working over time. What were you looking for? I have a program I wrote that runs on my windows server that allows russound to update meta details from sonos and allows russound to control sonos as far as play/pause/skip/ect..

Just received a notification the other day. Been working over time. What were you looking for? I have a program I wrote that runs on my windows server that allows russound to update meta details from sonos and allows russound to control sonos as far as play/pause/skip/ect..

Yes!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could share it with me.

Yea no problem. What russound amp are you using?

Yea no problem. What russound amp are you using?

MCA-88X