Answered

Windows 10 Controller

Show first post

360 replies

Only fools don't change their minds. Let's hope someone who makes decisions listens to... their own customers.
omartin2010 wrote:

Only fools don't change their minds. Let's hope someone who makes decisions listens to... their own customers.

What a silly statement. Am I a fool if I don't change my mind about the hazards of walking in front of an oncoming train? Similarly, why are Sonos fools if they don't change their mind about something they have researched and found not to have any justification compared to other implementations that have a greater impact on sales, such as voice control and/or direct streaming from 3rd party apps (both of which relegate the Sonos app, Windows based or not, to secondary status)?
Indeed. When taken out of context.
omartin2010 wrote:

Indeed. When taken out of context.

Context or not, I'm quite sure Sonos knows 100 times more than either you or I about the needs and wants of the vast majority of their intended market. Stomping one's feet is not going to change that.
I thing the issue is not to have a UWP windows 10 app. The issue is the current state of the windows controller. It is slow, ugly, not touch friendly and looks like a 20 years old app with too small characters and boutons (in my 12' Surface pro). Many desktop apps are nowadays touch friendly and smooth.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
There are many choices of UWP Sonos apps in the Windows Store. They are designed for touch and many run on the Xbox and Hololens too. Try them.

It is clear that the two official Sonos desktop controllers are in legacy mode for Sonos, all focus is on the two mobile controllers, I assume based on simple statistics.
Which one do you recommend? Phonos do not seem to be very active anymore.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
i recommend mine, of course, but I get into trouble if I even name it. But you did :-)
You would not get into trouble if you simply PM'd people instead of constantly mentioning it in your posts, but that would mean less Spam of your 3rd party app in the public forum, right?
Thanks controlav, I will give it a try. But this is a pity that there is no more effort from Sonos to maintain a descent controller for desktops

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings