Answered

Windows 10 application Hides Scroll Bars

• 22 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, Sonos application version 8.4, build 41350131.

When the application is opened and any results are returned in the right-hand pane, the pane does not show the scroll bar to enable you to scroll through the results. None of the panes can be resized to enable to the scroll bar to be resized. Maximising or minimising the application does not resolve the issue.

The user is unable to scroll through the list of results returned, unless using screen touch to drag the results.
icon

Best answer by MJC 28 February 2018, 11:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, MJC. Thanks for posting and for the screenshot. Does the problem persist when you get out of full screen and have the controller in a non-full screen window? Does this happen if you remove the ap and re-install? Thanks!
Hi Keith,
If I resize the window, the scroll bars are still hidden (or at the Select a Music Source screen, the arrows for each music source are hidden).
If I drag the right-hand side of the Now Playing/Queue pane to the left, I can momentarily see the scrollbars, before it snaps back into place.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not make any difference to the visibility on the right-hand side.

I have two additional monitors attached to my laptop, at different resolutions. Dragging or opening the Sonos controller on one of these monitors results in the same issue. Detaching the laptop so that it only has its primary screen does not make a difference either.

Primary Resolution: 2160 x 1440
Secondary Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the update, MJC. Sounds like we may want to have a support technicians take a look at this with you over a remote session. Feel free to give us a call and we'll be happy to get this sorted.

Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Your problem may be Multi-display scaling. Here's a link on how to set the auto dpi for each monitor. All apps may not look great but hopefully you see your scroll bars in Sonos: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2953978/displays/use-windows-10s-individual-display-scaling-to-perfect-your-multi-monitor-setup.html

Cheers!
Your problem may be Multi-display scaling. Here's a link on how to set the auto dpi for each monitor. All apps may not look great but hopefully you see your scroll bars in Sonos: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2953978/displays/use-windows-10s-individual-display-scaling-to-perfect-your-multi-monitor-setup.html

Cheers!

Hi AjTrek1 - No it isn't the multi-display scaling, as I have that set already, and when I take the Surface off the dock so it has one screen, the issue is still there. Thank you for the suggestion though!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So, I had a post all typed out, then I looked at the screenshot and something seemed really weird to me. First, the room and queue lists won't have scrollbars since there's not enough items (or nothing) to scroll through. And on the Browse pane on the right, look at the very bottom... the Alarms button is weirdly cut off close to the center, and the pane appears to extend beyond the edge of the screen, even though above the pane you can see the right side of the Search box. In fact, even the "Music" button that would take you back to the top level - typically on the right side of the bar where your screenshot says "Artists" - isn't visible. It looks like you're missing the whole area I've highlighted in red in my screenshots below.

Do you have a magnification/zoom setting enabled in your Windows display settings? Most likely you do if you have a Surface product. Go to Start > Settings > System > Display (this is the default, just including for completeness) and look at the "Change the size of text, apps..." option. See if turning that down a notch or two changes things (and it will change the size of EVERYTHING in Windows, so you will probably want to set it back after testing things). You'll want to log out of Windows and log back in for the change to completely take effect.

Yes, there's really an arrow in that bottom screenshot... it practically blends in with the background.
MikeV, AjTrek1, Keith,

Thank you all very much for your replies. I had tried changing the resolution, to no effect, but I have actually resolved the issue, although I still don't know what the cause was!

I resized the Sonos application in the window so that it was not the full size of the screen, then dragged it over to the far left of my screen, so that only a portion of the right-hand side of the application was displayed.

I then resized the application horizonallty, dragging the right-hand side of the application window across until it showed the arrows and the Music button as MikeV showed in his screenshot above (MikeV: Have you got my music collection?? :D)

Finally, I maximised the Sonos application window and the arrows and the Music button remained visible.

So for whatever reason, maximising the Sonos application using the controls did not correctly resize the contents of the window, but by manually resizing, it seems to have reset the dimensions.