Will S2 app be compatible with "Djay" on my iPad?

• 8 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Would anyone be able to answer this question about  S1 and S2 apps

I'm presently using the Sonos S1 app to play music library stored on my Ipad device.
The S1 app also allows me to play my music library through a 3rd party app called 'Djay'
Using 'Djay' allows me to cross fade tracks and also provide
Equalisation on the volume across the entire library.
Can you please tell me if the S2 app will also permit this integration with Djay to allow crossfade and volume equalisation.
Thank you

Frank

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi. It is not possible to use the Sonos S1 or S2 app to play music stored on an iPad. I think you must be using Airplay,  which has nothing to do with the Sonos apps.

Edit. But you don't list any Airplay compatible speakers in your profile.  Now I'm confused...

I’d think that the only way this could work is if the iOS is pre-iOS 11, and the Sonos client is from before that time frame. 

At least memory suggests to me that it was iOS 11 was the one that blocked companies like BlueSound and Sonos from using a ‘from this device’ solution, and forced everyone to use AirPlay 2 instead.