Answered

Wifi,Bluetooth, put on and off

• 29 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi All

Can the Sonos app put on and put off the device?

Can the app switch from Bluetooth to wifi?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 29 November 2021, 23:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Sonos devices 

Hi All

Can the Sonos app put on and put off the device?

No.  Sonos devices are meant to be kept on.  They enter a low power mode shortly after they stop playing audio.

Can the app switch from Bluetooth to wifi?

No, the app has no Bluetooth capabilities.  You connect to Bluetooth using the Bluetooth features of your device.

Can this be upgraded?

I would love to control my device switching from wifi to Bluetooth and back whenever I want to. 

Where can I leave a feedback about the app?

Thanks

I would love to control my device switching from wifi to Bluetooth and back whenever I want to. 

Are you talking about Roam? It’s accessible via WiFi or Bluetooth at any time. Just connect the phone accordingly. 

Hi Ratty

Am talking about Move

Each time my Sonos Move is on bluetooth,  I Would love to switch it from bluetooth to WIFI connectivity through the app but unfortunately I can't unless I go to the device and change it manually. 

Can the sonos app be upgraded to allow people change from bluetooth to WIFI connectivity using the app?

Can this be upgraded?

Where can I leave a feedback about the app?

Thanks

Not sure what you are looking for.  You can switch from Bluetooth and back.

Move, at least at present, can only be on WiFi or Bluetooth. Since the Sonos app is only operational over the network I don’t see how you’d get the Move back again if it was remotely switched to Bluetooth.