Why not worth it buy Sonos!!!

• 5 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
In July this year I bought 11 speaker Sonos. I spent more than $ 4,500 to buy. The first two months I was glad that I bought Sonos. Butt then there was a bitter reckoning. Sonos blocked the ability to add new music services to the system, the same way Sonos blocked the ability to add new speakers to the system. There was it because at me on phone Ios 8.4 and on the computer Mac Os 10.9.5 That is, yesterday everything worked but today Sonos decided to turn everything off. I wrote a letter to the support team, and received a response:
"....Technology is always advancing and growing and softwares become outdated....you do need to update the OS on both the iPhone and MacBook..."
So here, someone in the company of Sonos decided to make me keep up with the technological progress. I want this, or I do not want, in Sonos nobody cares about my desires. Just Sonos will force you buy new phone, computer or another device. And if you do not want to "keep pace with technological progress", throw out the Sonos system in the trash.

I do not like this situation. I wrote a letter to Sonos that if I was not given the opportunity to use speakers, as I used them when buying, I will file a lawsuit with the court. If anyone wants to join, I will not mind. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Pick up a $50 Android or Fire tablet to use as a controller. It will do the job with no need to change your Apple gear.

Wife won't give up her CR-100s for daily use so I have to do stuff they won't via android too.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Pick up a $50 Android or Fire tablet to use as a controller. It will do the job with no need to change your Apple gear.

Wife won't give up her CR-100s for daily use so I have to do stuff they won't via android too.

Stanley_4 thanks for the comment. Maybe Sonos is worth buying an android for me? I bought a completely ready-to-use system, successfully used it, and two months later the company Sonos, at its own discretion, limited me to using the purchased equipment. Now, in order to use the system, I must either buy a new phone, or throw out the speakers.This is not normal!!!