Why no sorting solution for playlists?

• 2 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I see a number of people who ask basically the same question.  With the myriad of updates we’ve gotten, the dev team at Sonos can’t figure out how to add a sort option to the playlists?  This seems so plebian and basic, it’s difficult to understand why it still hasn’t been done.  Leads me to believe they give us this “community” and then pay zero attention to it.  

Oh, and yesterday I tried to search within my playlist for a song and it went out into Apple Music and wasn’t even remotely what I wanted to do.  I wonder if anyone on the Sonos dev team actually uses the app?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Load the playlist to any empty room queue or choose to replace the queue - change the sort order using queue edit mode - hit the save button when done and choose the same playlist name and it will prompt you to overwrite it with the now sorted tracks. Select ‘Yes’ to the overwrite and good part is you can listen to the playlist too whilst you are sorting the tracks into the order you prefer.